What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Revivasol (2013 Editors Choice)||
According to their official website, Zenmed manufactures and distributes lines of natural skin care products that specifically target acne and rosacea in addition to a line of general skin care products. The Zenmed philosophy is holistic in its approach although the official website notes its products are developed in consultation with a Doctor of Pharmacology. However, there is little information on the history of the company; further research indicates that they are an arm of an internet technology company, and based in Canada.
The Zenmed 3 Step Skin Care System is the primary regimen offered that targets the treatment of accumulated day-to-day skin damage and aging effects. It consists of three different products: a facial cleansing gel, a renewing serum, and a moisturizer. There are no patented active ingredients in the range; rather Zenmed advertises the all natural, plant extract-based, homeopathic nature of their products as the key selling point. The only active ingredients listed are found in the Zenmed Facial Cleansing Gel, and include sage, coltsfoot, yarrow, balm mint, chamomile, rosemary, althea, wild thyme, horsetail, and cucumber. The products are advertised to use “Trans Dermal Delivery Systems” as the means of delivery. However, in basic terms, this means that the products are applied to and absorbed by the skin. There is little to differentiate this mechanism from the delivery mechanism of any other cream, lotion, or rinse that is applied to the skin.
- The Zenmed website allows visitors to create a personalized skincare regimen.
- The first order placed by each customer on the Zenmed website comes with a 60-day money back guarantee.
- Many options to reach customer service, including instant messaging.
- Extensive, searchable knowledgebase available on the Zenmed website.
- Many of the ingredients in Zenmed’s skin care products are certified organic.
- None of the products in the line of Zenmed skin care products claim to treat moderate wrinkles or sun damage.
- Although composed of 3 distinct products, the Zenmed skin care products are marketed as a system, rather than individual treatments. If users run out of one component, they may find it difficult to replace without buying a full set.
- Active ingredients are not separated from key ingredients on the “Ingredients” page, and only for some products on the “How the System Works” page, which makes this important information difficult to find on the Zenmed website.
- No free trial available.
The Bottom Line
There is no dermatologist backing or clinical research studies that show the effectiveness of the product or support the admittedly modest claims made on the website. The customer testimonials on the site focus on the acne treatments also offered by Zenmed, and there are few comments praising the skin care system. Therefore, while Zenmed’s rosacea and acne treatments may be useful for users with those skin conditions, users looking for generally healthier and/or wrinkle free skin may want to look elsewhere for products that are backed by an established body of scientific research. Users seeking all natural products that adhere to the homeopathic law of similars may be satisfied with the Zenmed line of products.