Have questions about how Yonka works?
Yonka is a Parisian skincare company that works out of and sells from the United States. We’re not sure exactly when the business started, but we know the website was online in 2003. It looks like there are six anti-aging treatments to choose from and various products.
What is Yonka?
Yonka is a series of treatments available at authorized centers. It’s also a line of skincare products. Some ingredients include avocado oil, alcohol, lavender oil, lemon peel oil, limonene, linalool, citronellol, citral and geraniol. Many of these are associated with irritation. No parabens are used.
Quick Facts on Yonka
- Treatments are only available at authorized locations.
- Products can be purchased online.
- Some formulas sell for nearly $200 each.
- Expect to spend up to 90 minutes at the spa.
- There’s mention of clinical results, but no links to research.
- We found no before and after pictures.
- There are some reviews on the official website.
What’s Our Skincare Editor’s Take on Yonka?
“For the prices listed for some Yonka products, we are not thrilled,” said our Skincare Editor. “Plus, it doesn’t help that a long list of potential irritants is found for many of the formulas.”
Here’s What People Are Saying
The two issues we found in multiple reviews and testimonials dealt with a lack of results and skin reactions.
Some users saw no measureable effects.
- “I put this on at night, after cleansing. Honestly, it smells kind of spicy, and that’s about all I get from it.”
- “This item did NOT completely take off my makeup as promised nor did it lather up as promised.”
Others were positive about their experiences.
- “The Yonka Lotion PS Toner makes a… difference in my skin.”
- “Yonka offers gentle but through cleansing.”
We also found problems with skin irritation.
- “I had a bad reaction to this product. Red bumps all over my arms and legs.”
- “After 1 application, I had a reaction which caused hives on my face.”
To be fair, not every user had a negative outcome.
- “I have rosacea and very sensitive skin and this creme is wonderful.”
- “I have very fair, sensitive, and dry skin. It worked beautifully.”
Are We Sold on Yonka?
After looking at several factors surrounding Yonka, we have a few reservations. There are far too many irritants used in the formulas and the prices are outrageous, in some cases. We’re not 100% sure you’re getting the most for your money.
What Do We Like Better Than Yonka?
In 2016, the best anti-aging product we’ve found is BioGeniste. It is made with clinically tested ingredients, the price is affordable and you don’t have to worry about irritants.
Click here to learn a little more about BioGeniste today.