What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Rejuval Skin (2014 Editors Choice)||
Weleda is a skin care and anti-ageing product company that is based in Switzerland. Because the company was founded in 1921, it does not specialize in a lot of cutting-edge modern skin care remedies like other companies that advertise similar products. Mainly, it seems that Weleda’s products are more geared to basic remedies that were used in that time period as well as ingredients that can be found commonly in nature. Some people may find this approach appealing, some may not, depending on the individual’s sensibilities. However, we feel that it could have potential and are willing to give it a closer look. It’s always important to look for products that can actually live up to their promises, especially in the modern skin care market.
It seems that this company offers facial cleansers, moisturizers and eye liners as their main product line. These are all intended to help women look and feel their best by helping the skin to look youthful and healthy. We did find an ingredients listing for one product: the Wild Rose Intensive Eye Cream: Water (Aqua), Prunus Persica (Peach), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond), Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba), Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Rosa Moschata, Persea Gratissima (Avocado), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sedum Purpureum, Euphrasia Officinalis, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Beeswax and Olea Europaea (Olive). If this product is indicative of their line as a whole, we have to say that it could be improved by adding hyaluronic acid and Matrixyl as ingredients. Although the company seems to pride itself on its use of natural ingredients, it’s more important to use what has been proven to work.
- Weleda does post ingredient lists for its products, which some companies do not do. This is one of the best signs that it’s trustworthy and confident in its products. We feel that all skin care companies should post online ingredients lists, although many don’t.
- The products use all-natural ingredients, which have a minimum chance of causing an allergic reaction in the skin.
- We would like it more if this company used ingredients such as hyaluronic acid in its products. Although going for an all-natural approach is appealing, there are simply some compounds created in the lab that nature cannot match.
- There are no online testimonials at the time of this review, which helps to reassure people that others have been satisfied.
- We would also like to see cited research elsewhere to have corroboration that these products have been proven to be effective.
The Bottom Line
We feel that the entire product line of Weleda could be improved by adding products that use more modern ingredients. Although many people do find the thought of all-natural cures appealing, sometimes it simply doesn’t work as well as what scientists and dermatologists can come up with.