What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Rejuval Skin (2014 Editors Choice)||
Vitamin B12 is derived naturally from animal products such as fish and meat. It has an important role to play in keeping our nervous system healthy, and also in keeping our skin looking lush. In fact Vitamin B12 is responsible for the manufacture and maintenance of red blood cells in the body. It also helps strengthen the capillaries in the body. Vitamin B12 is a popular ingredient in anti-aging creams, since a lack of Vitamin B12 in the body contributes to the aging of skin. Vitamin B12 is available in injection form, as a stand-alone topical product and as an ingredient in many anti-aging creams.
Those who are vegan or who follow a macrobiotic diet often have a Vitamin B12 deficiency. Certainly those who fall into this catergory and are worried about the aging of the skin may benefit from an anti-aging solution that contains Vitamin B12. However there is some difference of opinion regarding whether Vitamin B12 that is applied topically can really be properly absorbed by the skin to the extent that it will make a real difference to a user’s lines and wrinkles. Some people who have eczema do find that using Vitamin B12 cream does help a little. It is thought, however, that B12 injections are the most efficient way for the body to absorb Vitamin B12. Some physicians however may be reluctant to give you B12 injections, unless you have an actual diagnosed B12 deficiency. Vitamin B12 supplements can also be taken. As any excess Vitamin B12 is naturally excreted by the body, it is not thought to be a dangerous supplement to take, although of course you should mention taking it to your doctor.
- Vitamin B12 is available in a number of different forms, such as injections, topical creams and supplements to be taken orally.
- Anti-aging creams containing Vitamin B12 as an ingredient can be ordered directly online.
- Stand alone Vitamin B12 creams are relatively inexpensive to purchase.
- There is some doubt as to whether B12 as an ingredient in a topical anti-aging cream will be properly absorbed into the body.
- Some physicians may be reluctant to prescribe B12 injections unless you have an actual diagnosed B12 deficiency.
- Although Vitamin B12 creams can be useful in conditions such as Eczema there is no hard proof that it can have am actual rejuvenating effect on the skin.
The Bottom Line
Vitamin B12 is a popular ingredient in numerous anti-aging treatments on the market today. However there is no proof that a cream that uses any vitamins as the major ingredient base is more effective than other anti-aging creams on the market today with powerful peptide combinations such as Matrixyl 3000 as the major active ingredient.