Vichy Laboratories is a skin care company which sells products in European pharmacies and as an internet retailer. These skin care products ranging from makeup and face care products to body and sun care products as well as gift items. The products made by Vichy Laboratories all contain Vichy Spa Water as their main ingredient which is a special water obtained from the Vichy Mountains in France which is said to contain fifteen mineral salts and other trace elements. The products made by Vichy Laboratories are said to be non-comedogenic and hypo-allergenic to be safe for acne prone and sensitive skin of all types.
One of the products in the Vichy Laboratories skin care line is the Vichy Lipostretch Contouring Body Care. Vichy Lipostretch Contouring Body Care is a skin care product which is marketed as something to help visibly restore the skin’s elasticity and stretch by acting on the three parameters of skin firmness while also providing 24 hour hydration for the body. The product promises to “instantly” hydrate and smooth the skin. In as little as one week, consumers are supposed to notice a 21% improvement in elasticity and in just one month users of this product should expect to see a 24% increase in skin density as well as experience a skin re-tightening. Vichy Laboratories does not publish the full list of ingredients for this body care product which makes it impossible for us to determine its effectiveness as far as what the company claims it can do for the skin.
- The Vichy Laboratories official website offers a free skin analysis to help online shoppers choose the correct skin care products.
- Vichy Lipostretch Contouring Body Care may contain some moisturizing and smoothing benefits to the skin.
- Vichy Laboratories does not publish the full list of ingredients in the formula for this product.
- There are no before and after photos or customer testimonials to demonstrate product effectiveness.
- No free samples are offered on the official Vichy Laboratories website and at the time of this review the company does not offer a money back guarantee.
The Bottom Line
Vichy Lipostretch Contouring Body Care may appeal to consumers wishing to temporarily plump up the skin on the body. However there is no scientific evidence available that suggests that the skin on the body can be toned and tightened without the use of evasive cosmetic surgery. It would be helpful if Vichy Laboratories included before and after photos as well as a few customer testimonials to give consumers a better idea of what to expect from the product. Vichy Lipostretch Contouring Body Care does not appear to contain any anti-aging ingredients such as Matrixyl 3000, Argireline and Real Collagen which are scientifically proven ingredients that have been shown to improve the visible signs of aging of the skin.