What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Nue Science (2013 Editors Choice)||
|Vaseline Intensive Care||
Vaseline Intensive Care is created by Vaseline, a company already well-known for skin care products. This particular line is intended as a moisturizing and healing agent for various types of skin. Mainly, Vaseline is known for creating petroleum jelly commonly used on burns, and this product is intended for many different skin care needs. Vaseline products are trusted in their use as ordinary skin care lotions and ointments, but we aren’t sure yet how well this company works with antiaging products. We are going to take a closer look at Vaseline Intensive Care. We can find nothing in the way of refund policies on this product, unfortunately.
This particular product line is intended to reduce the visible signs of aging, such as wrinkles and fine lines by keeping the skin moist and elastic. Mainly, the ingredients used are Collagen, Pro-Retinol and SPF-5. Collagen is always a good ingredient to have in a skin care product, because it’s a substance that the body actually produces naturally. However, the amount of collagen we have declines as we age. This seems to be the only really strong ingredient in this formula. There could be others to make this a truly effective antiaging remedy, such as hyaluronic acid and Matrixyl 3000. Both of these are known to be moisturizing agents in addition to collagen.
The website for Vaseline appears to be a very professionally done site, as we would expect from such an established company. We could find no user testimonials on the site, but there were other product reviews elsewhere on the Web. These were mixed. The negative reviews seemed to complain about the smell of the cream, but said nothing about any beneficial effect beyond other similar products. Also, we could find no refund policy at the time of this review, though that is obviously subject to change.
- Vaseline Intensive Care contains collagen, an ingredient found naturally in the skin that helps to promote elasticity and vitality.
- It’s necessary to have an ingredient that either is collagen or promotes collagen production.
- The product website, as would be expected, is very well designed and informative.
- Some key ingredients that we feel are necessary for antiaging benefits are not included in this product.
- The website does not contain any testimonials from its users.
- There were complaints about the smell of the cream. This could put some people off buying the product.
- We are unsure how well this product really acts as a long term remedy for antiaging.
The Bottom Line
Although Vaseline has proven itself to be a very reliable company in terms of general moisturizing products, we feel like there could be more done for this product in the way of antiaging. Because of the lack of really potent ingredients aside from collagen, we can’t guarantee long term results. Also, the lack of testimonials makes it hard for customers to determine whether this product is the best thing to suit their needs. The website would do well to have more user testimonials and possible dermatologist backing.