In the world of beauty products, you will find some dedicated solely to anti-aging, and some just to makeup. While there a few products out there that combine makeup with anti-aging products, this review is going to focus solely on a makeup product and its affect on the skin. L’Oreal Paris is a well known and respected, widely available drugstore makeup brand. As such, many people use it, but don’t expect high quality salon or professional results. Some of their products claim to be professional grade, but do they really make the cut?
Studio Secrets is a professional makeup line by L’Oreal Paris. It contains several products including: a resurfacing primer, a foundation, an anti-redness primer, a dull skin primer, lipsticks and gloss, and eye “intensifier” eye shadows. These products aren’t really meant for anti-aging purposes so to speak, but will enhance the overall appearance of the skin with correct application.
- L’Oreal Paris is a well known and trusted brand, and has an informative product website for the Studio Secrets line.
- These products are considerably higher priced compared to their standard lines, but for a higher quality product, one should expect to pay a higher price. With products in this price range though, the drug store brand may find itself out of reach of most of its loyal customers.
- None of these products are actually meant to combat the signs of aging.
- We see nothing about these products that set them apart from any of the other products L’Oreal markets.
- We have nothing to prove that this product is of professional grade. We don’t know if L’Oreal used its marketing power, or really put money into research.
- There are many negative reviews from third party websites.
The Bottom Line
For those who use and enjoy the L’Oreal Paris line of products, using the Studio Secrets line may be a good idea, and we don’t want to discourage it. The fact is, however, these products provide no anti-aging benefits and will not reduce the appearance of fine lines or wrinkles. Those who are looking for a professional grade products should search for a higher quality, lesser known brand, and keep in mind that you get what you pay for. Brands that aren’t as widely advertised rely on the fact that they provide a high quality product that earns its reputation through word of mouth. While we don’t suggest you break your bank for professional grade makeup, we can’t justify purchasing the Studio Secrets line.