What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Rejuval Skin (2014 Editors Choice)||
L’Oreal Skin Genesis is a line of anti-aging products, designed to help women develop a full skin care routine. There are nine products within the line. The products are frequently advertised and readily available at various retailers nationwide and online merchants. A full list of ingredients is available at the Skin Genesis website for those who are interested. This is something we like to see, because it helps us see how effective the products will be, and if there is any risk of allergy or skin irritation. This is just another one of the many non-makeup lines of products produced by L’Oreal.
The nine products in the L’Oreal Skin Genesis line are as follows:
- Pore Minimizing Gel Cleanser: This is designed to cleanse the face and remove makeup. It can be used around the eyes without worry.
- Micro-Smoothing Wet Cleansing Towelettes: This is designed to cleanse the face and remove makeup just like the cleanser. These are good for people who are on the go and don’t always have access to their products, soap, or water.
- Deep Action Night Complex: This is a product you put on at night after you’ve washed your face, to promote healthier, smoother skin.
- Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 Lotion: This lotion is designed to promote collagen production and help to strengthen the skin between its layers.
- Daily Moisturizer Oil Free Lotion: This is the same as the other lotion, without oil, to reduce the chance of breakouts.
- Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 Fragrance Free: This is the same as the other lotion, without the fragrance.
- Deep Purifying Foaming Cream Cleanser: This is essentially the same thing as the gel cleanser, in a cream form. It cleanses the face to remove makeup and is safe for use around the eyes.
- Eye Serum:
- Daily Treatment Serum Concentrate: This is very similar to the moisturizer as it will promote the production of collagen and strengthen skin between the layers.
- These products are priced effectively enough to allow just about any consumer to purchase them. Since they are from a well known brand, most people feel comfortable with them.
- Most of the products in the line contain fragrances which may be bothersome to the people who use them. Though there is one product without it, we don’t see how this helps, since all the others have it.
- Unfortunately, we didn’t see anything unique about this line compared to others produced by L’Oreal. In fact, there are similar smoothing towelettes in the Revitalift anti-aging line.
- The company is more well known for its makeup and likely hasn’t put as much time and money into research and product development as they should have.
- There are no clinical trials to support how this product works.
The Bottom Line
For people who trust and enjoy the L’Oreal line, these products are likely a welcome addition. If you use and trust the brand, then by all means, continue to do so when using these products. We feel however, that money can be better spent on other products with smaller companies who focus more on just providing high quality anti-aging products. A higher quality product for more money is better than a mediocre or poor widely known inexpensive product any day.