What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Nue Science (2013 Editors Choice)||
The main USP of SK-II products is an element known as Pitera. The website of SK-II states that this product was discovered by accident in Japan. Japanese working in a particular Sake factory had unblemished hands which were noticed by a scientist working there. The product Pitera is a derivative of yeast fermentation. This product is then combined with vitamins, amino acids, organic acids and minerals. This concoction is claimed to help in renewing the outer layer of the skin. The well known celebrity Cate Blanchett endorses this product.
The product owners and the website tell us that these SK-II products need about 28 days for the complete benefits and effect to show on the person. The SK-II is in fact a skin care package which has the following products included:
- Facial Treatment Cleanser
- Facial Treatment Cleansing Gel
- Facial Treatment Clear Lotion
- Facial Treatment Cleansing Oil
- Facial Treatment Essence
- Skin Refining Treatment
- Facial Treatment Massage Cream
- Whitening Source Intensive Mask
- Whitening Source Derm Definition
- Whitening Source Clear Lotion
- Whitening Source Skin Brightener
- Facial Clear Solution
- Facial Treatment Repair C
- Advanced Eye Treatment Film
- Facial Treatment Mask, Facial Lift Emulsion
- Signs Eye Cream
- Signs Wrinkle Serum
- Signs Totality
- Signs Up-Lifter
- De-Wrinkle Essence
- Signs Eye Mask
- Signs Nourishing Cream
- Signs Dual Treatment Mask
The SK-II Skin care has some Finishing products as well which claim to protect and enhance the skin.
- There is information on the usage method for each product in words and pictures as well.
- SKII has skin care solutions for all kinds and types of skin.
- The information on the list of ingredients in each product is incomplete.
- SKII does not have any well known and proven products like Collagen, Argireline or Matrixyl 3000 or Hyaluronic Acid.
- There seems to be no provision of purchasing the products directly from the website.
- There are no customer testimonials or photos which prove the effectiveness of the products.
The Bottom Line
The effectiveness of SKII products can be really questioned since there are no great and well known anti wrinkle constituents present in the products. According to the official SKII website, their products can only be bought in some limited stores like Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale’s, Cosmetic World, and Vitaviv. This is quite limiting since not everyone everywhere has an access to these products. Moreover, there seems to be no clarity or information concerning whether these products have a money back guarantee. We can only assume that there will be different refund policy for each store. This product has been endorsed by a celebrity and that may impress some customers but that does not guarantee the effectiveness of a product. We need to look for products which can actually dramatically reduce signs of aging with effective and proven ingredients like Collagen, Argireline, Hyaluronic Acid, and Matrixyl 3000.