There are many different anti aging products on the market today, targeted toward women of all ages. There are just as many, if not more, makeup items targeted toward that same group. Combining makeup with anti-aging products is a genius marketing strategy, aimed at making a woman’s life much easier. Does the combination of makeup with rengenerating serum actually work to help the skin while making it look nice with even coverage?
Simply Ageless is a product line collaboration between Cover Girl and Oil of Olay. Cover Girl is one of the leading and most trusted makeup brands in the country, and Oil of Olay is one of the leading and most trusted anti-aging brands in the country. Together they have created a makeup line that features anti-aging ingredients so women can improve their skin while wearing makeup to work and play everyday. The foundation is a Covergirl foundation, mixed with an Olay Regenerist Serum. The serum is clear, and does not impact the overall coloring of the foundation. In addition to the foundation, there is a Simply Ageless Sculpting blush that contains the serum to highlight the cheekbones. The product claims to improve the skin, providing better results with continued use.
- The makeup combines anti-aging products to make skin care easier, with one step applications rather than having to a skin care regimen before applying makeup in the morning and again after removing it in the evening.
- Some people say the Simply Ageless makeup is too difficult to put on.
- The container and packaging is strange, and difficult to open.
- While people rant and rave about the coverage the makeup provides, it seems to dry the skin considerably.
- Instead of using the sponge that comes with the makeup, it is better to use another makeup applicator.
The Bottom Line
As these two products are a collaboration between two major companies we all know and love, many people will turn to the magic of the makeup for help improving their skin. The fact is that this is highly priced makeup, but an inexpensive anti-aging solution. Generally speaking, it is safe to say you get what you pay for. If you love Cover girl and swear by Oil of Olay, go ahead and go for these products. Since we cannot vouch for the quality of the ingredients in these items, we cannot recommend them for long term use and for real visible results. We suggest using a product known to have proven ingredients that will work rather than going out on a limb with something like this.