What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Nue Science (2013 Editors Choice)||
SilkSkin Ultra is a group of three different products designed to help those with acne prone, sun damaged skin. The three products should be used together for the most effective results and are a cleanser, a moisturizer, and a toner. These products are marketed to be a stronger version of the SilkSkin Ultra’s Three Minute Beauty System, and are only available through a small selection of online merchants.
To use this set of products, the person should start with the cleanser. The cleanser contains Dermachlorella as its active ingredient. Dermachlorella comes from micro algae and is thought to increase the product of collagen in the skin to keep it looking young and healthy.
The second step is the toner. The active ingredient in the toner is Witch Hazel. Witch Hazel is an all natural astringent and many people are already aware of its use. The Witch Hazel is then combined with extracts of algae to create an anti-aging benefit.
The final step in the system is the moisturizer. The moisturizer contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids that help remove dead skin cells to give the skin a renewed look of youth.
A full list of ingredients is not available on the product website and therefore leads us to doubt how well these formulas will work as they say. These products can be purchased individually, though the better value comes from purchasing them all together in the kit.
- The official website provides customer testimonials which are helpful to those who are trying to decide which products to purchase as a first time customer.
- The Silk Skin Ultra line of products can be purchased directly from the official website and are very reasonably priced in comparison to similar products on the market.
- There are additional products outside the anti-aging product line offered by Silk Skin.
- There are no full ingredients list for any of the Silk Skin products provided on their website.
- The ingredients we are aware of may not be powerful enough to provide the expected results.
- The official website for Silk Skin is not very professionally designed and some may find it hard to locate the information they want.
- The website claims to provide complete satisfaction yet when customers follow the return policy, they are not refunded for shipping and handling charges.
The Bottom Line
Frankly, there is plenty of room for improvement. We give them credit for providing customer testimonials, but providing more information about their ingredients would be much more beneficial to their reputation. While the fact that they accept returns for full refund minus shipping and handling within six months after the purchase date is a good thing and more than what some companies offer, they need to focus on products with higher quality, proven, ingredients.