What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Rejuval Skin (2014 Editors Choice)||
Silab is a “French-based active ingredients specialist” which recently introduced several new anti-aging ingredients at the Health & Beauty America show in New York. The three ingredients are focused on improving the appearance of aging skin however they can be adapted for use in other skin care products as well. The three ingredients include Elastonyl, Exfolactiv, and Aquaphyline.
Elastonyl is an ingredient which has been formulated to “protect and repair elastin and collagen tissue”. As we begin to age, the amounts of collagen and elastin in our skin declines so it is important to use anti-aging products which will replenish or stimulate these naturally occurring properties. Exfolactiv has been formulated as a skin exfoliator which promises to rid the skin of dead cells and “stimulate the renewal process”. This is also important in a good skin care regimen because dead skin cells can clog pores and cause blemishes and damage to the facial tissue. Lastly, Aquaphyline has been formulated as an ingredient which is said to re-hydrate the skin. Aquaphyline is said to be “rich in oligosaccharides” to “maintain an equilibrium for the skin’s moisture irrigation and retention process”.
- Elastonyl may be beneficial in reducing the appearance of stretch marks due to weight gain and pregnancy.
- Exfolactiv may be beneficial as a skin exfoliator.
- Aquaphyline may be beneficial in providing moisture and hydration to the skin.
- At the time of this review, we were unable to determine if there are actual skin care products on the market that contain any of these three ingredients by Silab.
- Due to the lack of information on products that contain Elastonyl, Exfolactiv, and Aquaphyline we are unable to determine whether the products will be reasonably priced and affordable for the average consumer.
- At the time of this review, we were unable to locate information which would confirm that these three ingredients are FDA approved as safe for anti-aging skin treatments.
The Bottom Line
If these ingredients can not be found in any specific products, we are unable to determine their effectiveness at this time. The ingredients appear to be promising based on information provided by the manufacturer in that Elastonyl may help to reduce the appearance of stretch marks, Exfolactiv may work well as a new skin exfoliator, and Aquaphyline may provide hydration to the skin. For now though, we recommend consumers continue to purchase products which contain FDA approved ingredients which have been proven effective in improving the appearance of aging skin including Argireline, Collagen, Matrixyl 3000, and Hyaluronic Acid. It is yet to be seen whether or not Silab’s new ingredients will work as effectively as they claim to.