Shiseido is a large cosmetic line that dates back many years. This Asian skin care and makeup brand is primarily geared toward women, but currently offers a men’s line called Shiseido Men. One aspect of the women’s line is called Shiseido Benefiance is claimed to be a luxurious line of topical treatments that benefit dry/mature skin types. By using these products daily, users are supposed to experience smoother complexions, reduced facial sagging, and softer skin with fewer wrinkles and fine lines. While most Shiseido products can be acquired online, they can also be purchased from many fine department stores. An FAQ section is provided on the website to address some concerns.
To narrow the focus a bit, we will take a closer look at one Shiseido Benefiance product called Benefiance Wrinkle Lifting Concentrate. It is directed to be applied in the morning and night after cleansing the face. The purpose of this topical treatment is to combat deep facial wrinkles, hydrate the skin, plump the complexion and prevent future wrinkles from occurring. Key ingredients found in this Wrinkle Lifting Concentrate are Chlorella (this is an aquatic extract that strengthens the skin with nutrients) and Retinol A Complex (rapidly exfoliates dead skin cells to reveal a more youthful complexion). This product can be purchased for $63 (one ounce).
Shiseido Benefiance is a line of skin care products marketed toward mature/aging women. Like many current brands, these products aim to prevent fine lines, reduce current wrinkles, moisturize the skin, tone, and help smooth out the user’s complexion. In as little as two to four weeks, the user should see a noticeable reduction in the skin’s fine lines/wrinkles. Although there does not appear to be a money-back guarantee posted on the official website, it is wise to consult the department store (if you buy from one) you purchase Shiseido Benefiance treatments from to learn more about returns.
- Shiseido is a brand of cosmetics and skin care products that has been around for many years now.
- All of the Shiseido Benefiance treatments are presented and explained on the official website.
- Fine department stores offer the Shiseido Benefiance line.
- It is unspecified whether or not Shiseido Benefiance treatments come with a money-back guarantee if acquired online through the website.
- Full lists of ingredients are not posted on the website for these skin care products.
- Shiseido products may be tested on animals (it is not clarified on the website).
- It does not look like real scientific research is provided to support statements made about Shiseido Benefiance treatments and anti-aging.
The Bottom Line
In the end, Shiseido is certainly a brand that has stood the test of time. Many consumers will appreciate the fact that their products can be attained online and in some local department stores. However, all of the ingredients found in these products are not clarified, nor is it mentioned whether or not these treatments are tested on animals. This may work as a red flag for some individuals.