What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Revivasol (2013 Editors Choice)||
ShiKai is a skin care company which was founded in the early 1970′s by Dr. Dennis T. Stepp. His mission was to use the natural properties of plants to create a line of skin and hair care products. ShiKai offers skin care products for children, facial skin care products, anti-aging skin care products, hand & body lotions, hand soap, shampoos, conditioners, and shower & bath products. The anti-aging products offered by the company are called ‘ShiKai Anti-Aging Facial Care’ which claims to even the skin tone and to decrease the appearance of fine lines while making the face and neck areas smoother and more supple.
The ShiKai Anti-Aging Facial Care system is based on the following ingredients: Vitamin C, Borage and Vitamin E. We will look into each of these ingredients to see how they help when trying to fight the signs of aging.
Vitamin C is a natural anti-oxidant which the body also uses help produce collagen. Collagen is needed in the skin to help it maintain its youthful appearance. Using Vitamin C topically on the skin is said to help to reduce the visible signs. Borage is said to help fight the signs of aging by increasing the moisture in the skin. Scientific studies have shown that Borage can help to prevent water loss to promote softer skin. The last active ingredient, Vitamin E, is an ingredient used to protect the skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
- ShiKai Anti-Aging Facial Care products contain Vitamins C & E which have been proven to be beneficial to the skin.
- ShiKai Anti-Aging Facial Care products are relatively inexpensive and affordable for the average consumer.
- ShiKai Anti-Aging Facial Care does not contain advanced ingredients such as Collagen, Argireline, Hyaluronic Acid, or Matrixyl-3000.
- ShiKai does not disclose the full list of product ingredients for its anti-aging products.
- At the time of this review, we were unable to locate clinical trial data or scientific research to substantiate claims made about ShiKai anti-aging products.
The Bottom Line
While it is commendable that ShiKai offers consumers an affordable choice in skin care in comparison to other products on the market, their products do not contain advanced ingredients which will produce noticeable results. Vitamin C & E are known to be beneficial to the skin however, consumers want to see dramatic improvement in the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines and the active ingredients in ShiKai Anti-Aging Facial Care can not accomplish this. ShiKai anti-aging products may be attractive to consumers who like “all natural” products but for those looking for the latest advances in skin care technology, we would recommend looking elsewhere.