What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Rejuval Skin (2014 Editors Choice)||
In the beauty product world, there are countless products aimed at reducing the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging. Available in creams, lotions, and serums, there is no shortage of things to try to erase time from a woman’s face and neck. While we take a closer look at many of these products, we get the occasional chance to take a closer look at an ingredient used in many different formulas. Pitera is a substance found in several different anti-aging products, and this review will take a closer look at it to see what it has to offer and if products containing this ingredient are superior to those that do not.
Pitera is a byproduct of the yeast fermentation process of a specific strand of yeast. It claims to have shown an increase in the skin’s metabolism in a variety of clinical studies. With an increased metabolism, the skin can regenerate faster. The other benefits include: helping the skin get and retain moisture, toning the skin texture, helps adjust the pH levels of the skin, helps prevent the development of dark spots in the skin, helps heal sunburned skin, and controls the secretion of sebum–the oily substance made of fat–which is a main contributor to acne. The yeast this Pitera liquid comes from is a certain kind, while most of the yeast used in skin care products comes from beer.
- Pitera is a natural source of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients that keep the skin healthy and youthful looking.
- SK-II products are the only ones that we can find that utilize the Pitera ingredient.
- Though several websites reference that Pitera has been proven to work in clinical studies, we are unable to find these studies to verify the claims.
- Though Pitera is a byproduct of a certain kind of yeast, we don’t know if that’s the particular yeast used in the skin care products formula.
- Little information outside the SK-II company is available about Pitera.
The Bottom Line
While Pitera sounds like the miracle anti-aging skin care ingredient, we are displeased because we cannot find the clinical studies SK-II talks about that prove Pitera to be so amazing. We like that is an all natural ingredient, but we think it should be made more widely available for other products. We think it is a better idea to use products that contain proven ingredients in a moderate price range. If you are interested in trying Pitera, you will have to find an SK-II product to try.