Are you at least a little curious about how Perlier works?
Perlier is a product line packed with anti-aging and moisturizing solutions. The website has been around since 2000, but the business spans more than 80 years. You can purchase online and all of the ingredients are listed in the description for each formula.
What is Perlier?
Perlier is a natural skincare line from Italy. Ingredients used in some formulas include shea butter, peppermint leaf, honey, peppermint oil, limonene, linalool, lavender, sweet almond, vanilla and various citrus extracts. You can choose from eye serums, face creams, toners and more.
Quick Facts on Perlier
- There are irritating ingredients in every formula we checked.
- Some irritants include linalool, limonene, methylisothiazolinone and methylchloroisothiazolinone.
- Fragrance appears near the top of the ingredient list for some Perlier products.
- You can contact the company by phone or email.
- As long as you have the original receipt, you can return products.
- There is no dedicated time-frame listed on the return policy.
- The products are not tested on animals.
What’s Our Skincare Editor’s Take on Perlier?
“We like that Perlier offers a variety of products without overpowering the customer,” says our Skincare Editor. “What bothers us is the number of irritants used in these formulas. The higher up on the ingredient list, the more concentrated it is. Fragrance is near the top in some and that’s a huge concern as it can cause irritation and skin damage.”
Here’s What People Are Saying
Mediocre results and issues with scent seem to come up time and again with Perlier products.
Customers who weren’t thrilled with results said:
- “It’s okay as in just okay!”
- “The quality of the cream seems acceptable.”
Those that liked what they saw felt the opposite.
- “I use this on the bottom of my feet and it softens them up in one application.”
- “It goes on smooth, stays on, and smells great.”
We were surprised by the number of people who were upset by the muted fragrance. This clearly means some consumers have no idea about the connection between scent and irritation.
- “Sent me two kinds of body creams (I wanted bath gel), labeled respectively “Sandalwood” and “Honey-Lemon.” Both smell exactly the same: like nothing at all!”
- “I just wish it had a stronger fragrance of vanilla.”
Others felt the scents were just right.
- “Smells so nice, seems like it should be dessert.”
- “It goes on and feels so moisturizing and the fragrance is heavenly.”
Have We Decided to Give Perlier the Green Light?
We’re absolutely sure we can’t recommend Perlier with 100% certainty. We have reservations because there are quite a few irritants and some, like fragrance, are highly concentrated. Though the user may not notice the changes, irritation can cause skin damage that can facilitate premature aging.
What Do We Like Better Than Perlier?
We’ve been through hundreds of products in 2016 and one of the best, without a doubt, is BioGeniste. The formula is loved by many, there are clinically tested ingredients and fragrance is not an issue.
Click here to read up on BioGeniste.