Anyone who knows anything about the anti-aging skin care industry will probably have heard of pentapeptides. Pentapeptides have an extremely important role to play in keeping the skin looking young and in maintaining the elasticity of the skin. Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, which is a five-sided molecule, is said to be one of the pentatpeptides responsible for the production of collagen. It is manufactured by Proctor and Gamble and its trade name is Matryxil. It is also known as Palmitoyl Pentapeptide.
Palmitoyl Pentapeptide has become an important ingredient in anti aging creams over the past few years. Clinical trials would seem to suggest that creams which contain this ingredient may have an effect on the aging process. There have been a number of clinical studies carried out on Palmitoyl Oligopeptide and you can have access to the results online. The trade name of Palmitoyl Oligopeptide is Matryxil, which is often confused with the anti-aging skin care ingredient Matryxil 3000. There is however a fundamental difference between Matryxil and Matryxil 3000. Matryxil consists only of the pentapeptide Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, whereas Matryxil 3000 consists of a combination of two pentapeptides. There are a range of anti-aging creams to choose from which contain the ingredient Palmitoyl Oligopeptide. Some of these have official websites with detailed information on this ingredient. Some manufacturers of anti-aging creams containing Palmitoyl Oligopeptide offer money back guarantees after purchase, but obviously this depend on the product ant its manufacturer’s policies.
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide is thought to be one of the pentapeptides responsible for the production of collagen.
- There have been clinical studies carried out on Palmitoyl Oligopeptide and the results are available on line.
- Some of the anti-aging creams for sale containing Palmitoyl Oligopeptide offer money back guarantees.
- The trade name for Palmitoyl Oligopeptide is Matryxil and this is sometimes confused with the more advanced Matryxil 3000.
- Not all of the anti-aging creams that contain Palmitoyl Oligopeptide have official websites.
- There are more powerful pentapeptide combinations available which may be more effective than Palmitoyl Oligopeptide.
- Some of the anti aging creams containing Palmitoyl Oligopeptide are sold at prices higher than some products that contain Matryxil 3000 which is thought to be more effective as an ingredient than Palmitoyl Oligopeptide.
The Bottom Line
Using an anti-aging cream that contains Palmitoyl Oligopeptide is certainly a step in the right direction, as it is one of pentapeptides that is responsible for the production of collagen. However there are more powerful pentatpeptide combinations available such as Matryxil 3000. People can often confuse this ingredient with Palmitoyl Oligopeptide as the trade name of Palmitoyl Oligopeptide is Matryxil. However Matryxil and Matryxil 3000 are certainly not the same. Clinical results seem to suggest that anti aging creams which contain Matryxil 3000 may be more effective than creams which simply contain Matryxil, and most manufacturers are phasing Palmitoyl Oligopeptide out in favor of a more advanced ingredient.