Wondering how Onsen works?
Onsen is a skin care line that appears to be sold primarily in kiosks in malls and online. Salespeople tend to be a little pushy, but that’s the case most of the time in this sales setting.
What is Onsen?
The Onsen line offers multiple skin treatments for aging, hydration, discolored skin and breakouts, among other issues. We didn’t find any parabens or sulfates, but there is fragrance used in many formulas. This can cause irritation for some users. There is a detailed description of how to use each product. Some solutions are supposed to work instantly and others can take weeks.
Quick Facts on Onsen
- This Onsen doesn’t appear to be the same as the spa company.
- Kiosks may be independently owned and operated.
- Prices are much higher than comparable products.
- You may not be able to return kiosk purchases.
What’s the Skincare Editor’s Take on Onsen?
“There’s a lot to take into consideration with Onsen,” said our Skincare Editor. “There are high prices, reports of poor customer service and even some texture issues. We’re not sure how well this bodes for the company.”
Here’s What People Are Saying
We found some issues with customer service, the lack of return policy for kiosk orders and texture. On the flip side, there are people who saw nothing wrong with the products at all.
According to some customers, when you purchase from the kiosk, you are not given the opportunity to return the items.
- “We…tried to take the products back – as is – only to be told they don’t have the authority to agree to refunds, and gave us an email address. We emailed our request, but so far to no avail.”
- “You can’t return it.”
Others had a fine experience with Onsen customer service.
- “I always have costumers coming back to visit me and show me results.”
- “I am… satisfied with the scrub and also lotion and feel I got a great customer service experience.”
We also found a customer that didn’t like the feeling of an Onsen product on the skin.
- “The texture is a bit too thick, makes it difficult to apply.”
However, for every negative we found a positive.
- “It provides moisture and hydration without being heavy.”
- “It is non- greasy…and soaks in really quickly.”
Is it Time to Order Onsen?
Well, there’s no doubt some people like the Onsen line. However, we are skeptical about recommending any products that cost in excess of $300, $400, $500 or more. There is no information on clinical testing to support these high prices. We also have to consider that some customers are not happy with their experiences via the kiosk setting.
What Do We Like Better Than Onsen?
In 2016, of all the reviews we’ve completed, BioGeniste has stood out from the rest. We like that it’s packed with ingredients that are clinically tested and there are tons of amazing reviews from customers all over the web.
Click here to learn more about BioGeniste.