The big selling point of the Italian skin therapy company Olivia is that their products use only 100% virgin olive oil. This Italian brand is manufactured overseas but they do sell their products in the USA via a retail chain and over the internet. The Olivia website has a “store locator” function to help customers find the nearest store to them.
The use of olive oil as a skin care product is nothing new. In fact the practice has been around for centuries, if not millennia. Researchers are only now finding that in addition to leaving skin smooth and soft, olive oil also protects skin from pollution and harmful free radicals.
The Olivella line of skin care products includes body and hand creams, moisturizers. Liquid and bar soaps, shampoo, shower gel and facial tissues.
In addition to pure virgin olive oil, the Olivella line of skin care products feature active ingredients such as vitamins A and E for skin health and protection. With regular application, these vitamins help control the effect of aging on skin and help keep skin hydrated and soft. Just as with lots of other external applications, the Olivella line touts its ability to aid dry skin and certain skin disorders such as psoriasis. According to their website, their entire line contains no harsh chemicals or irritant fragrances. One can also find shipping rates and products available for wholesale on their website, as well as place an order for a free sample. This line does not however come with any sort of a money back guarantee. They will accept returns on damaged products but that is about it.
The Olivella line of products is designed for adults but is gentle enough for use on babies as well. The primary ingredient of all their products is pure virgin olive oil, which the company claims can help fight free radical absorption, minimize aging and moisturize and soften your skin. They also offer “kosher” soap.
The Olivella website does not have any user reviews of their products available, so those looking for the opinions of people who have actually used the stuff will have to look elsewhere. It also does not offer any sort of clinical support for the products sold, although they do provide a phone number by which one can contact them directly.
- The Olivella line of skin products has no harmful chemicals or fragrances.
- The main ingredient in all their products is 100% pure virgin olive oil, a natural moisturizer.
- These products are listed as being hypoallergenic and safe for babies.
- The Olivella website does not provide any user reviews or results of any clinical trials.
- It may not be able to actually do anything for wrinkles.
- Unlike so many other skin care products on the market now a days, Olivella does not seem to have any of the more recently discovered ingredients proven beneficial to skin.
- You can only get a free sample if you actually place an order.
- You can only return the product if it is actually damaged, whether you liked it or not.
The Bottom Line
In the end, Olivella is rather interesting in that they use completely pure, 100% natural olive oil in all their products. Olive oil may do some very good things for the skin, and is safe to use for all skin types and all ages. Then again, offering a refund might be nice, in case someone did not want to drop a lot of money on something they had never tried with the risk that they would not like it. If customers are not satisfied with Olivella, it would be nice if they had a way to get a refund.