What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Nue Science (2013 Editors Choice)||
The Olay Pro-X line is the latest anti-aging offering from the skin care giant Olay. Released in 2009, Olay Pro-X is a full set of “professional grade” products, all targeted to address different anti-aging skin care issues. The Olay Pro-X line is actually made up of six individual products, all branded with distinctive bright red packaging. The products in the Olay Pro-X line consist of Age Repair Lotion (SPF 30), Wrinkle Smoothing Cream, Hydra Firming Cream, Deep Wrinkle Treatment, Eye Restoration Complex and a Discoloration Fighting Concentrate.
In addition to “wrinkle repair”, these products also address common skin care concerns like rosacea, hyperpigmentation and skin firming. Advance press releases for the Olay Pro-X says that these Olay products will retail in stores for $40.00 and up, which is a pretty high price tag compared to Olay’s other general interest products.
To boost interest in the Olay Pro-X line, the brand is doing a “pre-release” of a trial size “starter kit” consisting of all six new products. This retails for $62 from almost all major drug stores. We can’t comment on ingredients or other product specifics, but this is an interesting marketing approach on the part of the manufacturer. At this time, we could find lists of key ingredients for these Olay Pro-X products. Two ingredients that seem to be featured in most of them are Niacinamide, which is a form of Vitamin B3, and Carnosine, which is an amino acid that is currently being heavily researched as a potential child autism treatment. It also seems to be the subject of some “general” anti-aging studies.
- The Olay Pro-X line of products is the newest offering from a trusted name within the industry, and has all of the money of consumer good giant Proctor & Gamble behind it.
- The Olay-X line comes in easy to recognize packaging.
- Vitamin B3 has shown some promise at combating free radicals, which are one of the causes of aging skin.
- Since these are new products, it is difficult to find much info on them at this time.
- Although they are a big company, Olay do not primarily focus on the wrinkle fighting skin care market.
- Each product in the Olay Pro-X is at least $60, which is expensive considering what you’re getting.
- Although there is a “trial size”, discounted product kit available, there is not free trial of Olay Pro-X available from the manufacturer.
The Bottom Lin
It is yet another sign of the exploding anti-aging product market that mainstream brands like Olay are now rushing to get a piece of the action. But how reliable can newcomers like Proctor & Gamble be? Pro-X appears to be an intriguing set of products, but for what you’re getting, the price may prove to be a little bit high for the average consumer.