What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Nue Science (2013 Editors Choice)||
Minerale Makeup is a Division of Integrity Cosmetics. It is said to be made up of several different minerals. The company has claimed that some of their products may help in reducing fine lines and the appearance of wrinkles. The 2 products in this line that the producers claim to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines will be addressed and researched to help determine if their claims hold any merit.
Minerale Makeup as a whole claims to be made up of minerals, free of synthetic materials, good for all skin types, and organically made. The 2 products that claim to help with smoothing wrinkles available through this line are Liquid Lift Foundation and Lift and Lock Primer. The Liquid Lift Foundation ingredients are water, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Ethylhxyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Barbadensis, Cameillia Oleifera Seed Extract, Benzyl PCA, and Phenoxyethanol and Butylene Glycol; and also may contain Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Zinc Oxide, and Iron Oxide.
It claims to lift, tighten and firm, and to also have proven clinical studies showing a 33% improvement after 3 weeks to fine lines and wrinkles. The Lift and Lock Primer contains Water, Hamamelis Virginiana, Beta-cyclodextrin, Glycerin, mineralplex (Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, Copper Peptide, Hamamelis Virginiana)Hyaluronic Acid, Xantham Gum, Lavandula Angustifolia Extract, (Balm Mint), Citrus Grandis, Citrus Tangerina ( Tangerine) Fruit, Benzyl Alcohol, Mica and Iron Oxides. The Lift and Lock Primer claims to instantly firm your face to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, to improve the elasticity of skin, decrease wrinkle depth by 34% in 3 weeks, and have long lasting effects.
- Both products appear to be made up mostly of organic substance.
- Both products appear to be backed by clinical studies.
- Liquid Lift Foundation has Hyaluronic Acid, an ingredient thought to increase collagen production.
- Claims to contain none of the known allergens reported by the EU.
- These are both makeup concealer products that happen to have wrinkle treating ingredients, but they are first and foremost makeup products.
- Liquid Lift Foundation contains Hyaluronic Acid, known to cause skin rashes when applied topically for some users.
- There were no customer testimonials about either of these products on the Minerale Makeup website,
- No found risk-free guarantee.
- Free shipping only for orders of $75 or more.
- Have to spend at least $75 to receive a free gift.
- No before and after pictures provided on the website.
The Bottom Line
Both products, Liquid Lift Foundation and Lift and Lock Primer, are supposedly made up of mostly organic materials and are portrayed to be effective in reducing fine lines and wrinkles. Although clinical studies support this theory, there is still no 100% proof of this like some other products. While Hyaluronic Acid, one of the ingredients, is still being tested to reveal whether or not it actually boosts collagen production, the most effective form comes in the form of an injection and not in makeup. And, although the product claims to be free of known allergens, Hyaluronic Acid has been known to cause skin rashes for some. We found that the Lift and Lock Primer had no ingredients to support the claim of reducing wrinkles, not even ones that are still in testing. Furthermore, another thing that was disappointing is the fact that you have to spend money to get a free sample. Free samples are originally given in order to test the product to see if it is right for the individual. In conclusion, though Mineral Makeup appears to be a good product, it’s more of an up-scale makeup product than a wrinkle fighter.