What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Rejuval Skin (2014 Editors Choice)||
|Merino Collagen Cream||
The official website for the product manufacturing company Merino tells us that the company was founded in New Zealand in 1980. Merino manufactures a range of generally healthy skin care products as well as anti-aging products. One of the main anti-aging products in the Merino range is the Merino Collagen Cream. This seems to be their featured anti-aging offering.
The official website for the Merino Collagen Cream tells us that this anti-aging cream will replace collagen in your skin with new, flexible collagen. We know as we age that the amount of collagen produced by the body decreases and that this can lead to signs of aging such as lines and wrinkles. Merino is certainly not the only company that produces anti-aging creams that contain marine collagen. There is some debate, however, as to whether marine collagen applied topically can be properly absorbed by the skin. The official website does not tell us why the manufacturers of the Merino Collagen Cream believe their product to be more effective than other anti-aging creams on the market which contain marine collagen.
The other ingredients in the cream include Vitamin E and parabens. Unfortunately some cancer experts are of the opinion that parabens are carcinogenic and it is for this reason that there are a number of manufacturers of skin care products that no longer include parabens as preservative ingredients in their products. The Merino Collagen Cream can be ordered directly from the official website. However, there does not seem to be an offer of a free trial sample, nor is there an offer of a money back guarantee upon purchase of a product within the Merino range.
- There is an official website for the Merino range of skincare products.
- Full and comprehensive ingredient details are given for the products.
- Contact details are given on the website to enable you to contact a representative of the company.
- The Merino Collagen Cream is not the only anti-aging cream on the market which contains Marine Collagen.
- The Merino Collagen Cream contains parabens.
- We are given no information as to what makes the Merino Collagen Cream more effective than other anti-aging cream which contain collagen.
- No word on whether those with shellfish allergies are ok to use marine collagen.
- There does not appear to be a money back guarantee upon purchase nor is there an offer of a free trial sample via the website.
The Bottom Line
Firstly we are given no information as to what makes the Merino Collagen Cream more effective than other creams which contain Marine Collagen. Secondly, the Merino Collagen Cream contains parabens and we prefer to not recommend creams that contain parabens until there is conclusive evidence that parabens do not have a role to play in certain cancers or in skin irritation. Those trying to avoid synthetic creams should stay away from Merino Collagen Cream.