What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Rejuval Skin (2014 Editors Choice)||
|MD Skincare Renew And Maintain||
The MD Skincare Renew and Maintain set is a box of products from the manufacturer MD Skincare. The MD Skincare Renew and Maintain box includes the Hydra-Pure Radiance Renewal Serum and the Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel. To make the Renew and Maintain set more appealing to consumers, it is priced at $95, which the website informs us is a $75 saving compared to ordering these products separately.
The MD Skincare line was founded by one Dr. Dennis Gross. Dr. Gross’s skincare philosophy is that proper skincare should be a quick everyday ritual, not a semi-annual intensive treatment. He believes that, while getting a treatment like spa-based microdermabrasion once per month will leave your skin looking good afterwards, the effects will quickly fade, versus the benefits of spending several minutes per day on skin care. With this philosophy in mind, MD Skincare Renew and Maintain promises a 2-minute, 2-step skincare system that will leave skin looking younger and fresher.
The MD Skincare Renew and Maintain system is a box that contains two products; the Hydra-Pure Radiance Renewal Serum and the Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel. The first step is the Renewal Serum, and this promises to even out skin tone by fading or lightening discoloration. The MD Skincare Renew and Maintain Serum also claims to “remove heavy metals” and other skin impurities.
The MD Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel is a pretty interesting offering. This element of the MD Skincare Renew and Maintain regimen promises “microexfoliation” for the skin. Unfortunately, little is explained about what this actually entails, although the product description does promise “no recovery time.” The treatment is also available in “individual” packets that seem to contain sponge pads. Full ingredient lists for both products are available from the official MD Skincare website.
- There is a discount when buying the MD Skincare Renew and Maintain kit, compared to buying the products individually.
- The entire MD Skincare Renew and Maintain regimen is claimed to take only 2 minutes every morning.
- The MD Skincare Alpha Beta Face Peel contains parabens, which are a type of cheap preservative that have been linked to skin irritation.
- Two steps could still end up taking more time in the morning than some consumers are prepared to spend in the mornings.
- It’s not very clear what “microexfoliation” is, even after reading the MD Skincare description.
- There doesn’t seem to be a free trial sample of MD Skincare Renew and Maintain available at this time.
The Bottom Line
If you’ve had positive experiences with MD Skincare’s products in the past, this could be a good choice for you. It looks like it’s a decent cleanser paired with a spot treatment, which is likely to have some benefit for damaged skin. However, we’ve found that the most effective wrinkle treatments deal with collagen production, not just cleansing.