Are you curious about how Luminess Air works?
Luminess Air is a makeup system that may not fight the signs of aging, but it can help cover fine lines and wrinkles. Luminess Direct LLC is responsible for Luminess Air. There’s not much on the company, but the website was purchased in 2007 – quite a while in the business. You can buy everything online.
What is Luminess Air?
Luminess Air is an airbrush system that’s supposed to apply a thin film of makeup to the face. There’s foundation, blush, bronzer and even body options to choose from. The ingredient lists don’t show any parabens or sulfates.
Quick Facts on Luminess Air
- There is a learning curve with the airbrush system.
- We believe you must purchase makeup directly from Luminess Air.
- The unit is only covered with a 30-day guarantee.
- If you don’t keep the original packaging, you’re charged a $25 restock fee.
- Customer service is only available Monday to Friday.
What’s the Skincare Editor’s Take?
“We were not surprised to find issues with quality,” said our Skincare Editor. “When you’re purchasing a unit like this, not every one will work perfectly. This is only an issue if it breaks after 30 days.”
Here’s What People Are Saying
The two most common issues with Luminess Air are quality and clogging. Some machines broke within weeks and others clogged up no matter how many times users cleaned the nozzle. Then again, others had no such problem.
When quality was an issue, users said:
- "The machine is constantly breaking and the parts that break are not covered under warranty."
- "The "system" broke on the first attempt to use it."
We also found buyers who did not experience such problems.
- "I am happy with the quality and results of the all the products I have tried so far."
- "I have used a Luminess air system for three years now."
We read some reports of clogging.
- "It started clogging all the time even though I clean it really well after each use. The spring handle area doesn’t work."
- "I have had trouble with the machine clogging, I rinse it out very well when I am finished."
There are ways to clean it that stops this problem.
- "My machine does clog but it is absolutely vital you clean the gun properly."
- " I spoke with Ana from Luminess Air to see why my system was not working well, she advises me to take my stylus apart and soak it in warm soapy water for 15-20 minutes."
Are We Sold on Luminess Air?
Did we already place our order for this airbrush system? Well, we like the novel idea and there are some users who wouldn’t want to live without the unit, but we have reservations about recommending Luminess Air. Poor quality and clogging appears to be an issue for some. Others report the makeup looking thick, cakey and orange.
What Do We Like Better Than Luminess Air?
In 2016, our top pick for an anti-aging solution is BioGeniste. The product is supported by some amazing customer reviews and the ingredients have been clinically tested.
Click here to give BioGeniste a try today.