What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Nue Science (2013 Editors Choice)||
L’Oreal Skin Genesis products are developed and marketed through L’Oreal Paris, a world wide cosmetic company that is well known to just about every woman who wears makeup. The Skin Genesis line is among several other, non-makeup lines that L’Oreal produces.
There are 9 products in the L’Oreal Skin Genesis line itself. They are as follows:
Pore Minimizing Gel Cleanser: Gentle enough for around the eye area and can be massaged on the eyelids to remove make up.
Micro-Smoothing Wet Cleansing Towelettes: With the same idea as the Gel Cleanser, these towelette can also be used to remove make up and dirt.
Deep Action Night Complex: Moisturizer you use during the night to promote smoother skin.
Daily Moisturizer spf 15 Lotion: Hyaluronic Acid and a molecule called Pro-Xylane are in this cream to help strengthen skin between the layers and promote collagen production.
Daily Moisturizer Oil Free Lotion: Same properties as the regular moisturizer, just oil free.
Daily Moisturizer spf 15 Fragrance Free: Same properties as the regular moisturizer without the fragrance addition.
Deep Purifying Foaming Cream Cleanser: Instead of the gel based cleanser; this cream cleanser gives the user the option of using a cream instead.
Eye Serum: This serum is supposed to minimize puffiness and strengthen the transparent and fragile skin layers around the eyes.
Daily Treatment Serum Concentrate: This serum is also for strengthening the skin between the layers, smoothes out the surface layers of the skin and promotes collagen production.
- L’Oreal is very well known and easily found in almost any department or grocery store.
- The products are priced so that most consumers can afford them.
- Name-brand familiarity will help consumers feel comfortable purchasing these products.
- This feels like just another line in L’Oreal’s empire. We saw nothing unique about this line that stood out from other anti-aging lines produced by big brands.
- Most of the products contain artificial fragrances. There is on option in the moisturizers to get the product without fragrance, but how is that helpful when all of the other products in the line contain it?
- L’Oreal is much more well known for its marketing prowess than for it’s clinical research. We aren’t sure how much time and money spent goes into actually formulating this product as opposed to how much time and money goes in to marketing and packaging the product for the public.
- This product does not seem to offer many of the lab-based advances that smaller, more targeted brands bring to the table.
The Bottom Line
If you are comfortable with the L’Oreal brand, then by all means, use the L’Oreal Skin Genesis line. However, most users associate L’Oreal more closely with makeup, and there are other anti-wrinkle options out there that have a lot more research and development behind them. There are clinical trials that these smaller, more focused companies have conducted and they have typically had other labs independently assess their anti-wrinkle products. The L’Oreal Skin Genesis line does seem to offer a promising line of gentle makeup removers, which could be a useful item in any makeup bag.