What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Nue Science (2013 Editors Choice)||
In 1989 a pharmacist named George Korres bought the oldest pharmacy in Athens, Greece. His goal was to sell homeopathic remedies to his clients. Eventually he married a chemical engineer named Lena. Eventually they developed their own products that are organic, all-natural and have no synthetic ingredients. The Korres skincare line was officially launched in 1996 and is now distributed all over the world.
There are plenty of products in the Korres line. There is hair care, skin care, body care, sun care, etc. We are focusing on the anti-aging care here.
The products in the Anti-Aging line are:
Olive and Rye Day Cream: This Korres cream has Olive, Rye Extract, Beeswax, Avocado oil, Shea Butter, Macadamia Oil, Almond Oil, Vitamin E, C and F. The entire list of ingredients can be found on the website.
Olive and Rye Night Cream: This cream has more vegetable oils for nighttime absorption. There is Rye Extract, Avocado oil, Shea Butter and other ingredients which can be accessed on the website.
Korres Olive and Rye Firming Eye Cream: This cream has Black Wheat Extract which help reduce under eye puffiness.
Milk Proteins 3 in 1 Cleansing Emulsion: This is for those who don’t necessarily want to clean with water. Fragrance free and mineral oil free. This cleanser can be left on or rinsed off.
- We love that Korres products are organic and natural. There are no mineral oil or synthetic ingredients of any kind. It seems as if the company is truly dedicated to getting you the best researched and documented ingredients they can find.
- It’s nice to see products that have an ingredient list that resembles your grocery list instead of all kinds of crazy chemicals that you can’t pronounce.
- The Korres website offers all their products on-line through Sephora.com.
- There are a lot of Korres products to choose from. It can be daunting to figure out which ones to pick. We didn’t see any type of skin diagnostic tool to help you figure out what type of skin you may have or which products would work best.
- Some people are resistant to all-natural and plant derived products. Many synthetic peptides are heavily researched and proven effective.
- Some ingredients, no matter how natural, can be irritating to sensitive skin. Always test before slathering all over your face and body.
- No free trials of Korres products seem to be available.
The Bottom Line
The Korres company really seems to have its hands in a lot of research and development. We really like the all-natural concepts, but want to make sure that it’s always the way to go. Some synthetic ingredients can be more potent, especially when paired with natural ingredients.