What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Nue Science (2013 Editors Choice)||
There are some skin care brands that have withstood the test of time and have literally been around for generations. One of these lines is Kiehls. This cosmetic and skin care company was founded back in 1851, making it one of the oldest around. Currently they offer products for women, men, babies and even pets. A few of their main categories are Face, Sun, Body and Hair. The Kiehls official website offers a convenient contact page for current users and potential consumers. Unlike some smaller brand names out their, Kiehls sells skin care treatments for skin types ranging from very dry, to very oily, to dry, to normal, to oily, to normal/oily, to normal/dry, to dermatologist solutions.
As stated on the official website, Kiehls products are never tested on animals. It appears that most of their skin treatments are “dermatologist tested” as well. Some of the major ingredients incorporated into Kiehls topical treatments are Corallina Extract, Mineral-Rich Red Alga (protects the skin from harmful elements), Abyssine, Vitamin E (heals damaged skin), Vitamin C, Soy Extract and Padina Pavonica. Kiehls claims to offer skin care products of the “highest quality.” This brand additionally offers gift sets and fragrances. All Kiehls products can be purchased on the website, as well as through finer departments stores that carry the Kiehls brand.
Kiehls is an older cosmetics/skincare line that attempts to cater to all skin types. This brand offers skin treatments that endeavor to deal with acne problems, dry skin, facial wrinkles, age spots, hyper pigmentation, fine lines, under-eye bags and sagging. There are no testimonials or before/after photos posted on the Kiehls website to expose what the treatments may accomplish. Although free trial samples are not offered via the website, you can acquire Kiehls skin care samples from department store counters. This brand has been featured in a number of magazines like Seventeen, Marie Claire, Lucky, The Wall Street Journal, Details and Elle.
- Kiehls has been around since 1851, which may reassure some users.
- Free samples of Kiehls skin care treatments and cosmetics can be attained from department store counters.
- Kiehls manufactures treatments that aim to cater to all skin types.
- No free samples can be attained via the official website.
- Before and after photos displaying potential results from Kiehls skin care treatments are absent from the website.
- It’s difficult to determine if some ingredients found in Kiehls products will irritate the skin of some users.
- Unfortunately all ingredients found in Kiehls skin care products are not revealed for consumers to assess.
- As a brand, Kiehls seems more focused on general skin care than on treating wrinkles.
The Bottom Line
When all is said and done, the Kiehls brand of skin care and cosmetics has been around for a long time. At least, in comparison to most other lines out there. It’s nice to see that this company offers a vast array of products to suit women of varying ages, men, babies and pets. Furthermore, it’s nice to know you can actually visit the Kiehls counter in person to make inquiries and acquire samples. On the other hand, it would be encouraging to see all Kiehls ingredients posted on the official website, along with some customer responses or before/after photos to support the skin care brand.