Do mixed reviews and side effects ruin the deal?
Bottom Line: Juvederm is an injectable that’s supposed to fill in fine lines and help fight the physical signs of aging. Reviews are both positive and negative. We’re also concerned with pain and bruising some patients experienced. We’re on the fence with this treatment.
What is Juvederm?
Juvederm filler is a prescription gel that’s injected near wrinkles and fine lines. It’s only approved for patients over 21 years of age. Only a medical professional can perform the procedure. Results are supposed to last up to one year, though there are reports it lasts much less time.
Allergan is behind Juvederm. It looks like the business opened in 1948 – that’s more than 50 years ago. You have to visit a doctor to receive injections. We like that it works for many people, but keep reading…
Here’s What People Are Saying
Many of the issues we found dealt with side effects. We were surprised to not find complaints about Juvederm cost. According to some happy patients:
- "I get tons of compliments about how young I look for my age."
- "It has been seven months and can still visibly notice the results."
Those that weren’t so thrilled with the results said:
- "I am left with bruises all over my face. It was very painful too."
- "Juvederm migrated down my face! Would never use either again."
Side effects appeared to be another problem, but only for some.
- "I have used Juvederm and it always gives me the darkest bruising."
- "About 30 minutes after, the pain was so bad. Felt like it was up in the checks and down through my chin. Very painful for hours."
If you look at the other side of the coin, you get:
- "I have to put ice on them as soon as I get home to avoid bruising for a long time."
- "Initially I saw some lumping but it eventually went away."
Juvederm Customer Service – Can You Reach Anyone?
There are two ways to contact Juvederm customer service. The first is to call the office where you received the injection. The second is to call the main company. Phone numbers are listed on the official website.
Is There a Guarantee with Juvederm?
As far as we can tell, there is no guarantee when you get Juvederm injections.
What’s Our Take – Will Juvederm Work as Promised?
Are we calling up the doctor right now? Well, there’s little doubt that this treatment, which is approved by the FDA, is effective for some. However, we have reservations because the price is far too high for some patients and there are side effects to worry about. Unfortunately, there are also reports that it didn’t work for everyone.
Our top pick for 2016 is the anti-aging solution BioGeniste. It’s made with clinically tested ingredients and there are some amazing testimonials from users who’ve seen fantastic results.
Click here to learn more about BioGeniste.