What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Nue Science (2013 Editors Choice)||
Jurlique Cosmetics was founded by a Horticulturist and a chemist who happened to also be the husband and wife pair Jurgen and Ulrike Klein. They insist that long before the hype around “going green” and the benefits of natural organic products, they were already in the midst of planting herbs and flowers at their farm in South Australia which eventually became Jurlique, a line of beauty products that are infused with living elements from the earth. Today there are two farms spanning over 165 acres in Ngeringa and Mylor in the Adeilaide hills of South Australia, where Jurlique grows over 35 varieties of plants and flowers that are used in their products.
Jurlique Cosmetics have named themselves “Biotenders” who show respect for life and nature. They use a process they call “Biodynamics”, which does not use pesticides or herbicides to provide the most natural skin care products that are also safe for the earth. Some of the items in the Jurlique Cosmetic line include skin care, body care, hair care, baby care and essential oils. Jurlique Cosmetics offers a number of anti-aging products which include Skin Balancing Face Oil, Biodynamic Beauty Serum and Biodynamic Beauty Eye Cream, which Jurlique claims will soften fine lines and wrinkles, improve discolorations, and help to renew and strengthen the skin. Included in the list of ingredients are Beech Tree Buds, Hibiscus, Yeast, Euphrasia, Arnica, Licorice, Black Elder, Calendula, Horsechestnut, Soapbark Tree Extract, Apricot Seed and Willow Bark.
- Jurlique Cosmetics offers consumers a holistic approach to skin care, which is important to those who like organic and ‘green’ products.
- The website has a complete dictionary of plant extracts to educate customers in the benefits and possible effects of organic products.
- Jurlique Cosmetics does not list Peptides as a component in their formulas, nor do they contain other powerful ingredients such as Hyaluronic Acid.
- The products may be out of the price range of the average consumer while not providing the dramatic results that are expected in expensive anti-aging treatments.
- Jurlique Cosmetics does not offer free product samples to new customers.
The Bottom Line
Jurlique Cosmetics will likely attract those looking for an organic approach to skin care. However, even so called “natural” products can be irritating to sensitive skin. Although antioxidant based products are helpful in protecting the skin from environmental damage, they do little when it comes to effectively treating existing lines and wrinkles the way that deliberately engineered synthetic ingredients do. Products containing key ingredients such as Peptides have been clinically proven to boost Collagen production, which has a proven effect on existing aging conditions in the skin. It would also be helpful if Jurlique would provide a refund or return policy in the event that consumers are unhappy with their purchases.