What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Rejuval Skin (2014 Editors Choice)||
Jafra is a Direct Selling Company, otherwise known more frequently as Network Marketing. Founded in Malibu, California over 50 years ago, this internationally known company operates using the same business model as familiar cosmetics brands like Mary Kay and Avon, offering skin care and beauty products for women to sell as a home based businesses. Jafra Dynamics is the skin care line that Jafra sells.
There are four different lines of skin care produced by Jafra. Each line is formulated to address different types of skin. There is the Balance Line for combination skin, the Control line for oily skin, the Calming line for sensitive skin, and the Hydration line for Mature or Dry skin. For our purposes we will focus in on the Hydration line.
The products in the Jafra Hydration line are:
- Hydrating Cream Cleanser.
- Hydrating Toner.
- Hydrating Moisture Replenishing Cream SPF 15.
- Hydrating Night Cream.
Some of the ingredients in these products are things such as Shea Butter, avocado butter, oat proteins, and natural cleansing oils. The products also contain the blends specific to the Jafra name, which are the Intellisheild and Hydrasmart complexes. Unfortunately, ingredient lists are not available for these complexes.
- Jafra is well known and has been around for a long time. Staying power is important for building a brand.
- The website is user friendly. There are many different video selections you can make that allow you to hear about the products and the business without having to squint reading small print.
- The hydration line of products is meant to be a 3-step program, which is easy for most women to keep up with on a daily basis.
- There is a negative connotation that can be associated with Network Marketing that most people are not interested in. Many would like to pay for their products and move along, without having to hear about the business itself or feeling awkwardly pressured into buying products from a friend or business associate.
- There is a lot of talk about cutting-edge technology and innovative research, but no one goes on to explain where the research is taking place and who is doing the research itself.
- The website does not offer a full list of ingredients. This can be problematic for the consumer that needs to have all of that information disclosed due to allergies or adverse reactions to their skin.
- It is unclear what kind of money-back guarantee is in place with Jafra’s products.
The Bottom Line
Jafra is comparable to heavy hitting cosmetic companies like Avon and Mary Kay. Well known, but nothing new. The products are probably a good bet for the budget minded woman and the daily routine is simple enough to stick with. Jafra would benefit from offering more clinical research and a list of the full ingredients in their products. We’ve all heard about active botanicals and special blends from far off places, but the informed consumer wants to see the facts and exactly what they are putting on their face.