What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Nue Science (2013 Editors Choice)||
Hormeta products have been produced and shipped exclusively from Switzerland for over 50 years. All products have the Swiss Cos label, which guarantees that the product is authentically produced and shipped from Swizerland and not an imitation or bootleg product. The Hormeta website does not give us any background story about the company itself.
There are several different lines of beauty care in the Hormeta line such as Dry to Normal, Oily and Acne Prone, Mature Skin, and Sensitive Skin. For purposes of this article we are going to focus on Hormeta’s Anti-Aging skin care line.
The products in the Hormeta Anti-Aging skin care line are as follows:
- Beauty Cleansing Milk.
- Skin Freshener Toner.
- Peeling Scrub with Exfoliating Micro-beads.
- Eye Contour Gel.
- ARL Revitalizing Cream.
- ARL Revitalizing Serum.
- ARL Revitalizing Mask.
The active ingredients listed for the Beauty Cleansing Milk are: Corn germ oil, wheat germ oil, and ionized mineral solution.
The active ingredients for the ARL Revitalizing Cream are: Vitamins A, C, and E, English Ivy Extract, rutin derivative, ascorbyl palmitate, St. Johns Wort, Yarrow, and Chamomile.
- The website boasts of vast research and development going into each product produced.
- The products contain vitamins that have been proven effective for anti-aging care. Antioxidant properties associated with Vitamins A, C, and E are all well documented and researched.
- There are several lines of skin care to suit the individual’s needs. Almost all skin care issues are addressed with each different line.
- The website does not have a full list of ingredients for any of the products. This can be problematic for anyone who is sensitive to certain ingredients or preservatives.
It will take further investigation to discover who develops these products and what their credentials are. The website discusses where the products are made, but there is no company story or information on who is behind the Hormeta formulations.
- Purchasing any item from the ARL line of products can become expensive. Each of the three products lists well over $60 per item and it’s not a large supply. This can become pricey for the average consumer.
- It’s recommended that users incorporate multiple Hormeta products into their beauty regimen, which can be expensive and time-consuming.
- The products seemed to lack the “IT” factor. We found no patented, proven wrinkle fighter such as Matryxil 3000 or Argireline incorporated into any of the anti-wrinkle formulas.
The Bottom Line
Above all, Hormeta seems dedicated to quality and authenticity with their products. However, the company would do well to offer a full list of ingredients. People want to know what they are putting onto their skin and want to make sure it’s free from any potential hazards. Hormeta would also benefit from offering more information on the company itself. Consumers today are very interested in who is making their products, and this can influence a purchasing decision. While Hormeta offers us great information regarding their policies on animal testing, there is little else to go on. Having a doctor’s name or research laboratory to refer to can often make all the difference in choosing Hormeta’s product over the competitors. Overall, Hormeta looks like a more promising general skin health line than a dedicated wrinkle fighter.