Gly Derm primarily contains glycolic acid in the product line. It comes from the sugar cane plant which is necessary for its beautifying effects on the user’s skin. According to Gly Derm, all of their products are “free from harmful agents” and hypo-allergenic.
They also claimed that dermatologists have clinically tested all of the products and are recommended by some of the leading plastic surgery centers and leading dermatology centers as well. One of the products includes the Gly Derm Hydrotone moisturizer which is made for both dry and mature skin and is wax-based. It can also be used to reveal a healthy layer of skin since the moisturizer seals in the natural moisture.
There are two versions of the Gly Derm Hydrotone which are the Lite and Max. The Lite version is best used during the day time before any makeup is applied. The max version, on the other hand, is best suited for night hours right after the cleansing has been applied to the facial area and right before he or she goes to sleep.
The Gly Derm Hydrotone Max contains the following ingredients: Rose Hips Extract, Mineral Oil, Methylparaben, Methylparaben, Purified Water, Imidazolidnyl Urea, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Green Tea Extract, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Petrolatum, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Citric Alcohols, and Soy Protein.
Gly Derm Hydrotone Lite has slightly different ingredients including Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylparaben, Propylene Glycol, PPG-11 Steryl Ether, Rose Hips Extract, Isopropyl Palmitate, Purified Water, Diazolidinyl Urea, Dimethicone, Citric Alcohols, Methylparaben, Green Tea Extract, and Soy Protein.
- . Gly Derm products have received positive reception from a number of websites giving them great credibility in their reputation.
- . Their products are also highly affordable and widely available for people to obtain.
- . Gly Derm Hydrotone lacks proof in containing ingredients that contribute to anti-aging.
- . Gly Derm Hydrotone Max contains two ingredients which are not very helpful for acne-prone skin which are mineral oil and petrolatum.
- . Gly Derm’s official website also lacks critical information about the product including scientific results that back up their claims.
- . Gly Derm caters more to people looking for a moisturizer than people hoping to find an anti-wrinkle solution.
The Bottom Line
Whether it is the Lite or Max version, Gly Derm Hydrotone is an excellent product for dry or mature skin. Gly Derm Hydrotone is a wax-based product as well which makes them very different than a number of moisturizers. It is okay to use Hydrotone Lite on a wider variety of skin types, but the Hydrotone Max should only be used on skin that is not acne-prone or oily. The product pretty much does what it claims to do and has some positive reviews as proof that it really improves the skin when used daily.
There was however no specifics regarding the clinical trials of the Gly Derm Hydrotone moisturizer and other products in the line-up. Although it has been praised as a decent moisturizer, don’t expect any changes to the wrinkles and other signs of aging.