OverviewEye Illuminator is a product produced by Olay, a trusted name in cosmetics and skin care. The Eye Illuminator is suppose to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles making the skin look more luminous and radiant. Can it really do all that it claims and what is included in the Olay Eye Illuminator formula giving it the power to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles?
Eye Illuminator by Olay does have an official website which lists all the ingredients included in its formula. These ingredients include Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Acetyl Glucosamine, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Triethanolamine, Peg-100 Stearate, Allantoin, Carbomer, Disodium Edta, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, and Mica. The confidence of Olay to list the entire list of ingredients included in their Eye Illuminator is promising. Even more promising is that Olay’s Eye Illuminator contains Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. This ingredient is also commonly known as Matrixyl. Matrixyl has been proven to be an effective anti-aging ingredient to reduce the appearance of fine line lines and wrinkles. To Eye Illuminators credit it also contains an excellent moisturizer which helps plump up the skin and reduce the appearance of those fine lines. This moisturizer allows the skin to be able to absorb the soluble collagen. Eye Illuminator is also affordably priced which works to its advantage. It is sold in most department stores and discount stores as well as online retailers for around $26. Olay does not offer free samples and it is not clear form the official Olay website whether there is a money back guarantee.
While the ingredients listed in Eye Illuminator by Olay is promising; it does lack the important anti-aging ingredient Argatensyl. Argatensyl has been proven to have amazing results for reducing fine lines and wrinkles especially when paired with Matrixyl. The other problem with the Eye Illuminator product is that it only provides these anti-aging results for the eye area and not the entire face. Many women have wrinkles and fine lines around the mouth and also on the forehead. This product will not be able to resolve those issues.
- Eye Illuminator by Olay contains Matrixyl or as listed in their ingredients Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4.
- Eye Illuminator looks to have key ingredients to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Eye Illuminator is affordably priced at $26.
- Eye Illuminator is limited to only reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in the eye area.
- Eye Illuminator does not include the powerful anti-aging ingredient Argatensyl.
- Other products are needed to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for the rest of the face. It maybe cheaper to use a product which can provide all over wrinkle reduction, rather than just reduction of wrinkles around the eyes.
- Olay’s Eye Illuminator does not appear to offer a free sample.
- It is unclear as to what money back guarantee is offered.
The Bottom Line
Olay’s Eye Illuminator appears to have the ability to reduce fine lines and wrinkles for the eye area. It is promising that this product does contain Matrixyl, but it would be nice to see it also contain Argatensyl. The fact that this product only resolves the issue of wrinkles and fine lines around the eye area is also a concern. Consumers should consider using a product that can reduce fine line and wrinkles for the entire face area rather than just a targeted area. A product containing both Matrixyl and Argatensyl will provide more dramatic results.