Exuviance is a brand of skin and beauty care products based out of Princeton, New Jersey. Exuviance is actually a division of the big-name skin care brand NeoStrata. As a brand, Exuviance claims to have been associated with some of the earliest research and development into the use of Alpha Hydroxy Acids in the skin care field back in the 1970’s. It is also claimed that NeoStrata is the holder of over 100 patents related to these AHA’s. Other popular product lines offered besides Exuviance include NeoCeuticals and CoverBlend.
Exuviance advertises their products with the line “The Science of Skin Transformation.” However, little else is said to clearly distinguish this line from NeoStrata’s other product lines. As if there weren’t potentially confusing enogh, Exuviance also offers a very wide range of products, which include cleansers, toners, moisturizers, eye and lip care, acne treatments, “bionic anti-aging treatments’ and had treatments. We do believe in choice, but this could be a little overwhelming if you’re just looking for a wrinkle fighter.
Since we’re an anti-aging product site, we’re going to take a look at the Exuviance Bionic Anti-Aging Treatments. Exuviance does state that all products intended for daytime use contain SPF 15, which is good for fighting further skin damage due to sun exposure. Not surprisingly, products like the Exuviance Vespera Bionic Serum focus on using Alpha Hydroxy Acids to protect the skin. These include elements such as Vitamin A, C and E, as well as antioxidants. With this particular Serum, the makers of Exuviance claim that clinical study subjects saw a 200% improvement in skin clarity, and that 80% of users reported an improvement in “skin texture and smoothness.”
- Exuviance is a product from NeoStrata, who did some pioneering work with alpha hydroxy acids.
- All Exuviance products can be ordered via the official product website.
- With so many products to choose from, it’s very hard to figure out the best one (if any) for specifically fighting wrinkles.
- Exuviance products seem to do little to address collagen production.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids are good for protecting against future skin damage, but will do little to treat existing wrinkles.
- No free trial samples of Exuviance products seem to be offered from the manufacturer at this time.
The Bottom Line
Exuviance is offered by the respected skin care manufacturer NeoStrata. However, from what we could tell this appears to be a fairly typical, general skin care product line with the focus on incorporating Alpha Hydroxy Acids into many of the products. We’ve found that collagen production is the key to eliminating wrinkles, and it seems that the Exuviance line of skin care products does little in this department.