Are you curious about how Dr. Denese works?
Dr. Denese is a huge skincare line that’s available for sale online via the official website and home shopping networks like QVC. We’re not 100% sure when the business started, but we know they hit online in 2003. That’s more than a decade in this market – an accomplishment.
What is Dr. Denese?
Dr. Adrienne Denese started the skincare line. Products for dry, aging, blemished and dull skin are all available online. There’s also makeup, body and hair options. Both ingredients and reviews are listed on the official website. However, all of the testimonials we read were 5 stars and that’s not likely a true representation of all customer experiences.
Quick Facts on Dr. Denese
- Water and aloe vera are primary ingredients.
- Prices can top out at more than $100 per product.
- Trial sizes are available, but some cost between $10 and $15 or less than one ounce.
- You have 30 days to return for a full refund.
- You need the original packing slip, return form and purchase receipt to send an item back.
- You cannot return products from other retailers to Dr. Denese’s website.
- Preservatives are used.
- Some products contain fragrance, which can be irritating.
- Dr. Denese uses parabens.
What’s Our Skincare Editor’s Take?
“With so many skincare lines out there, companies like Dr. Denese need to set themselves apart from the competition,” offers our Skincare Editor. “The trouble we have with these products is that the ingredient lists look rather common. We’re not sure the higher price for some items is really worth it.”
Here’s What People Are Saying
Two of the more important things to consider when choosing a skincare line is feeling and effectiveness. We found Dr. Denese reviews that mentioned both.
- “Bought this item a month ago and have been using it day and night. I have yet to see a difference.”
- “Got this product of Dr. Denese with 2 other products of hers. None have made a bit of difference.”
Others felt the products did work as claimed.
- “I love the way my skin looks since I started using it.”
- “I have a softer skin, when I use regularly, both night and day.”
A greasy, slippery, sticky feeling was reported by multiple users – though some didn’t feel the same.
- “Slippery, plasticy feel that does nothing. Not impressed with this line at all.”
- “Totally disliked this product because of the unpleasant odor and the very sticky, tacky feel it left on my skin.”
On the other side of the debate:
- “My skin feels like silk.”
- “It soaks into skin within minutes and leaves no oily residue.”
Are We Ready to Give Dr. Denese the Green Light?
We have to look at a product line like this from every angle. Like our Skincare Editor said, there are some issues with price as the formulas are nothing special or new. We also found that, in certain cases, reviews point to lack of results and an icky feeling on the skin. These factors leave us with reservations about recommending Dr. Denese.
What Do We Like Better Than Dr. Denese?
For 2016, our top pick has to be BioGeniste. This formula is packed with clinically tested ingredients that hydrate, fight the signs of aging and sell for an affordable price. You’ll also have no trouble finding users talking about amazing results.
Click here to learn more about BioGeniste today.