Is your curiosity peaked about Dermalogica?
Dermalogica is a line of skincare products sold online and in stores. There are a lot of formulas, many overlapping in the categories of anti-aging and overall maintenance. The business is at least 30 years old with sales spanning more than 80 countries.
What is Dermalogica?
Skin issues like acne, aging, dryness, oiliness and others are addressed by the Dermalogica line. The number of products may be a bit overpowering. For instance, there are 17 in the Age Smart line alone. Some of the ingredients used include retinol, glycerin, squalene, avobenzone, green tea extract and vitamin E.
Quick Facts on Dermalogica
- Irritants like geraniol, citronellol and linalool are found in some formulas.
- We found no mention of parabens.
- There are irritating oils from grapefruit and lemon oil.
- Witch hazel may cause redness for some users.
- You have 30 days from the purchase date to return items.
- Returns must first be approved by customer service.
- Dermalogica offers a rewards program.
What’s Our Skincare Editor’s Take on Dermalogica?
“If you have an issue with your skin, there’s bound to be a product in the Dermalogica line designed just for that,” says our Skincare Editor. “The trouble is there are irritants and far too many options for some customers.”
Here’s What People Are Saying
A couple of issues we found in customer experiences and reviews deal with moisturizing problems and lack of results.
- “The moisture is fairly good but leaves synthetic feeling on face after it dries.”
- “The lotion needs more moisturizer. My skin feels a little dry after using it. There is also a tingling sensation. It may feel good on oily skin.”
Others who felt it worked, at least a bit, said:
- “Fairly good moisturizer, but not the best I’ve used. Modest improvement to dry skin.”
- “It’s mild and goes on thing which is great, but it does not give a matte finish, rather it makes my face shiny. It doesn’t do much for my already oily skin.”
Lack of results came up about as many times as moisture issues.
- “I was all excited to see my redness lessen and my pores look smaller. I did not see either thing happen and I am very disappointed because it wasn’t cheap.”
- “I liked how it was non greasy…but it wasn’t enough moisture and it broke me out.”
The opposite was also reported.
- “This product gives skin a fine smooth finish.”
- “I enjoy the light-weight, non-greasy feel of the product. In addition, it is an effective weapon against dull dry skin.”
Is It Time to Give Dermalogica a Try?
There are some ingredients in Dermalogica products that can help heal skin and fight premature aging – like green tea and vitamin E, but that doesn’t mean we are 100% sure you should try the line. We found far too many irritants, not all formulas are moisturizing and there are not results for everyone.
What Do We Like Better Than Dermalogica?
In all of 2016, we’ve reviewed hundreds of products and BioGeniste stands out above them all. It’s made with ingredients that have been clinically tested and users report amazing anti-aging benefits.
Click here to read more on BioGeniste today.