What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Rejuval Skin (2014 Editors Choice)||
|CoQ10 Wrinkle Defense Serum||
CoQ10 Wrinkle Defense Serum is manufactured by Avalon Organics. Its main advertised benefit for anti-ageing is that it supposedly has a co-enzyme, CoQ10. This enzyme is thought to be necessary for maintaining healthy and youthful skin. As the name says, this product is in liquid form, and one of the best things about it, supposedly, is that it can be used in conjunction with most types of makeup. It’s also intended to stand on its own as a moisturizing agent. We are unsure what critical ingredients the CoQ10 Wrinkle Defense Serum may have, however, and because there are hundreds of products that advertise themselves as anti-ageing, it’s possible that another product may be better suited for wrinkle prevention.
Avalon is affiliated with the breast cancer fund, and many of their products seem to reflect this. In the CoQ10 Wrinkle Defense Serum, they have included many all-natural ingredients such as green tea and white tea. Both of these are said to be extremely rich in anti-oxidants, which are critical in anti-ageing products. The enzyme itself is plant-based, and actually is found naturally within the body. However, it only works on surface level, but not below, so it cannot really help with cell regeneration.
Also contained in this product is Vitamin E, which is another antioxidant rich substance. Substances like primrose oil and marine algae, which are used in this serum, don’t really reach deeper than surface level.
- This product uses practically all organic ingredients, keeping the danger of carcinogenic substances in mind. This is good in one way, and many of the ingredients used have benefits on their own such as Vitamin E.
- Many of this company’s products are all-natural, which is a responsible step in showing people that the company is conscious of the environment and of health.
- Although it’s good that this company uses many all-natural ingredients, it also doesn’t include some of the things we’ve come to expect from companies offering anti-ageing products (hyaluronic acid and Matrixyl 3000, mainly)
- There are no user testimonials on the website, nor are there any public showings of research as to this product’s effectiveness.
- The website can be confusing to some, because many products are very similar.
- Ingredients don’t really penetrate the top layer of skin to do their work.
The Bottom Line
Although it’s true that the CoQ10 Wrinkle Defense Serum was made with natural ingredients, the ingredients don’t have seem to have much effect beyond the topmost layer of skin. This means that no matter what, they cannot have any real lasting effects. Although the company means well by using only natural ingredients, some of the more common ones such as hyaluronic acid would be better used in anti-ageing formulas. If you want a product that will have a clear benefit here, it’s better to look for another company.