Colorscience is a brand of makeup products that protects and corrects skin. The founder of this makeup line is Diane Ranger, who additionally created Bare Escentuals back in 1976. According to the official website, Colorscience is broken down into four different categories, which are Face Products, Eye Products, Lip Products, and Sun Protection. There are all sorts of makeup products found under each category. It is revealed that all Colorscience products are suitable for all skin types.
Unlike many common makeup products, Colorscience provides sun protection. There are some before and after photos provided on the website as proof. Furthermore, these makeup products are touted to assist with anti-aging. This means the reduction of sun damage, fine lines, age spots, crow’s feet and deep facial wrinkles. Some of the ingredients you will find in Colorscience makeup products are Bismuth Oxychloride (anti-inflammatory that helps protect the skin), Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Micronized Titanium Dioxide (helps protect the user’s skin from harmful sun rays), Zinc Oxide, Mica, Ultramarine Blue, and Chromium Oxide Green. It is not mentioned whether or not these products are sold with a satisfaction guarantee.
Colorscience is basically a large line of makeup and concealer products that are claimed to protect the user’s skin from the sun’s harmful rays. There is some elaboration on the website regarding sun damage and flaw concealment. Although the primary ingredients are presented and explained on the website, it does not look like any real anti-aging components are found in Colorscience makeup. Fortunately there is a store locator provided on the website so that new users can locate the closest dealer near their home. These makeup products have been featured in magazines like “In Style.”
- All of the Colorscience makeup products are suitable for virtually any skin type.
- There are some helpful before and after photos presented on the official website.
- Colorscience makeup products should not irritate the user’s complexion.
- There is not a great deal of data provided on the website regarding how Colorscience products really assist with anti-aging.
- There is no mention of a satisfaction guarantee with this line of cosmetics.
- As far as the active ingredients go, it is unclear how Colorscience products aid with wrinkle reduction.
- No free trial samples of these cosmetics are provided through the official website at this time.
The Bottom Line
All in all, the full line of Colorscience makeup products comes across in a positive light. It is always nice to see cosmetics that are geared toward all women, but additionally aid with sun protection and anti-aging. From what is gathered on the official website, it appears that Colorscience makeup simply assists with anti-aging by blocking out the sun’s harmful rays (does not allow further damage to occur). Now, if you are searching for a more active treatment that helps minimize skin damage and wrinkle reduction that has already occurred, then you will likely want to look at other products, and not merely focus on makeup like Colorscience.