What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Nue Science (2013 Editors Choice)||
One of the most common skin care problems is acne and other types of skin blemishes. Acne frequently strikes teenagers, though it’s been known to affect adults as well. Because of this, some companies have developed skin care products to fight acne in adults. Clenia is one of these products. Many people also look for skin care products to help fight against ageing, but it’s unclear as to whether Clenia will aid in this or not. It depends on the lists of ingredients that are online and the instructions given, which we’ve looked at to see how well this product works, and if it could also help out with wrinkles.
Clenia is created from a combination of two main chemicals, which are sulfur and sulfacetamide. This is a very common practice when creating medications – using two different compounds to form a separate product with a wider range of effects. Specifially, this is intended to stop or slow down the growth of external skin bacteria, which is a main cause of acne and other skin conditions. These components don’t lend themselves well to any anti-ageing capabilities, due to their habit of causing the skin to dry out. This can make the skin less supple and less able to withstand stress. For an anti-ageing product, it’s better to have a product that has the ability to keep the skin moist, preferably by the use of collagen stimulation. This is the component that’s most responsible for the skin being kept line-free, and it diminishes as we age.
- It’s possible that this product could help to relieve some irritations from skin conditions such as acne. It’s unknown exactly the extent to which it works, however.
- It could also act as a potential disinfectant, but then again there are plenty of other products to act in this capacity.
- Because of the inclusion of sulfur as an ingredient, Clenia isn’t likely to have any anti-ageing benefits. Sulfur dries out the skin rather than moisturizes it.
- There are many side effects associated with the use of Clenia as a skin care product, which outweigh any benefits it has.
- There are no collagen stimulants or other ingredients that are commonly used in anti-ageing products.
The Bottom Line
As said above, Clenia uses sulfur as one of its key ingredients in fighting acne. Although acne is indeed a serious problem, we mainly are looking for products that contain anti-ageing capabilities. Sulfur will dry out the skin and possibly worsen the effects of ageing, due to the lack of collagen growth stimulation. We feel that any product that seeks to have anti-ageing capabilities should attempt to make use of natural ingredients that moisturize the skin, which helps to keep it supple. There are plenty of products on the market that will do this, but Clenia is not one of them. Definitely best for treating acne.