Asking yourself a few questions about Clear Essence?
Clear Essence is a natural skincare line for women and men of color. The business has been on the market since 1997. You can purchase direct, but products are also sold on websites like Amazon. You have 30 days to return your order and if it is not in new condition, there is a 15% restocking fee.
What is Clear Essence?
Clear Essence is a product of Clear Essence Cosmetics USA, Inc. Some ingredients used in the formulas include olive oil, vitamin E, mineral oil, dimethicone, titanium dioxide, methylparaben, propylparaben and fragrance. The addition of that extra scent is a little concerning, because it can cause skin irritation. This damage can occur even if you don’t notice it’s happening.
Quick Facts on Clear Essence
- The line is made for men and women of color.
- You can buy direct, on outside retail websites and from an ambassador.
- You can return products, but only for 30 days.
- You may have to pay a 15% restocking fee.
- Parabens are used in Clear Essence formulas.
- It looks like the fade creme is a popular item.
- Reviews and ratings are listed on the official website.
- There are both positive and negative reviews.
What’s Our Skincare Editor’s Take on Clear Essence?
“We like that all of the ingredients are listed and hydrating ingredients are there, but we are hesitant about Clear Essence,” offers our Skincare Editor. “Many consumers are looking for products that are paraben-free and that’s not the case this time. Plus, there are irritants and they can promote the aging process.”
Here’s What People Are Saying
There are reports of skin irritation and breakouts.
- “I thought it was just my skin, but this cream really does cause breakouts that look like a rash.”
- “This causes my face to break out in little pimples.”
However, you have to give credit where it is due. There are also positive reviews.
- “This product fades dark spots but simultaneously brightens your skin.”
- “It doesn’t cause breakouts, watch what you’re eating or doing.”
We also found some users who saw no change in dark spots when the Clear Essence fade creme was used.
- “This does NOTHING to fade sun spots, and mine are not very dark at all.”
- “I have used this item for 2 weeks or more but has not seen any changes.”
Again, there are positives on the other end of the spectrum.
- “All over even toned skin. Yay!!”
- “I work out and drink a lot of water but this stuff helps keep my skin even and gives a beautiful glow.”
Are We Ready to Recommend Clear Essence?
If we just look at the Clear Essence anti-aging side of the line, we’re not impressed. There are only three products and alpha hydroxy acid seems to be the main ingredient. All you have to choose from is one cleanser, one toner and one milk. We are full of reservations as we know there are better formulas on the market.
What Do We Like Better Than Clear Essence?
Of all the products we’ve reviewed in 2016, the one that stands above the rest is BioGeniste. The label shows clinically tested ingredients and testimonials, all over the web, talk about amazing results.
Click here to read more about BioGeniste today.