Have some questions about how Cerave works?
Cerave is a skincare line from Valeant Pharmaceuticals. It looks like the company started sometime before 2001. You can buy online, but not directly from the official website.
What is Cerave?
Cerave is a skin care line that’s developed by dermatologists. We’re happy to say all ingredients are listed, including parabens. There doesn’t appear to be any sulfates or fragrance. You apply the products daily, but detailed instructions are not provided. Hydration should occur instantly.
Quick Facts on Cerave
- Products are not tested on animals.
- The prices are affordable.
- You can only contact Cerave customer service Monday to Friday.
- Cerave hydrating cleanser doesn’t contain sulfates.
What’s Our Skincare Editor’s Take on Cerave?
“We’ve heard the Cerave product name for years,” says our Skincare Editor. “But, we thought it was supposed to be a line that works for sensitive skin. If this is the case, why are there reports of irritation?”
Here’s What People Are Saying
The two issues we found mentioned in numerous reviews were skin irritation and a greasy feeling – sometimes long after the product was applied.
Issues with skin irritation appear to be common:
- "I bought the lotion to keep at work…there must be a different chemical makeup, it left my hands red, bumpy."
- "Every time I put it on, my faces burns for hours!"
But, you have to look at the fact that some people with sensitive skin felt no such reaction.
- "I’ve got fairly sensitive skin and I have had great results."
- "It’s gentle enough for my sensitive skin."
A greasy feeling is also an issue for some.
- "It feels light when applying and absorbs easily but by the end of the day I feel greasy."
- "This moisturizer is greasy and it just kind of sits on my skin."
Others didn’t feel the same.
- "It goes on very much like Lubriderm and has the same consistency and no greasy feel."
- "This is an okay lotion, no scent and feels very clean and not greasy."
Are We Recommending Cerave?
Are we lathering on Cerave lotion as we write this? Well, we have no doubt that most of the formulas will hydrate skin and the prices are affordable, but we are skeptical about recommending the products. The skin irritation, greasy feeling and mixed reviews leave us wondering just how good the line really is.
What Do We Like Better Than Cerave?
Through our experiences in 2016, we’ve found a product that exceeds our expectations – BioGeniste. The formula is packed with clinically tested ingredients and customers are raving about the results.
Click here to learn more about BioGeniste.