Do you wonder how Mizon works?
Mizon is a line of skin care products from Korea. Though there is an official website, it is based in Korea, and even WHOIS data doesn’t provide information about when the domain was registered. The products are available from several merchants including: Amazon, Peach & Lily, Cult Beauty, and more.
What is Mizon?
Mizon skin care is a South Korean skin care line. There are a variety of products including toners, cleansers, makeup, masks, moisturizing creams, and body and hair products, with some aimed at anti-aging. There does not appear to be a money-back guarantee for the products. Little information is available on the ingredients – as many products have pages that lack product descriptions.
Quick Facts on Mizon
- Variety of products available to address skin care needs.
- Anti-aging is not the main focus of the line.
- Ingredient information is spotty – a main product uses 92% snail mucus.
- No information on a money-back guarantee.
- Some products are paraben and fragrance free
What’s the Skincare Editor’s Take on Mizon?
“Mizon products seem to be hit or miss – some have good reviews, while others do not. It really depends on your skin type and skin care goals,” says our Skincare Editor. “The line’s not that big in the anti-aging market.”
Here’s What People Are Saying
Lots of people wanted to return it because of heavy and greasiness, and others had reports of suspicious packaging.
- ”I wanted to return immediately. The first few minutes, it made my face smooth but five minutes later, it made my face a little bit itchy at some spots.”
- “I used this cream before for face occasionally, and for some stretch marks on my belly before, and within few consecutive days the red raised marks and itchiness went away. It was a colorless, light cream that gets absorbs easily. It’s fragrance free and smells like chemical in a way. I liked it because it was so effective.”
But, not everyone feels this way.
- ”One of the second Korean lines I tried was the Mizon “Snail” line. I got the all-in-one cream, the intensive ampoule, the gel cream and the eye cream. I don’t use them during the day, as they don’t leave a pretty finish or work under make-up, but their nightly use has yielded FANTASTIC change in the quality of my skin.”
- “Dries clear and smooth, goes on well under moisturizer or sunscreen without ‘pilling’ (like some other Snail products). No magic claims made, but it does give a smooth, temporarily tighter finish to my whole face and neck – my upper eyelids love it- and speeds healing of acne scars and fever blisters.”
Amazon reviews report several suspicious packaging when they received it.
- ”When I received this product it looked like it was partially used. The outside of the box was dented and when I opened up the box the lid was scratched up. When I opened the lid the product was slightly oozing from the container because the safety seal was half opened.”
- “I feel like I got ripped off. When I received the package I was expecting an authentic seal and a general seal with the item. It was messy trying to open it because the seal that keeps the product inside was HALFWAY open. I feel like I got a used piece and like an unvalued customer. What is the definition of new? Definitely not this.”
Fortunately, not all customers saw this experience.
- “This is a very light weight facial cream that is a fantastic choice for those with combo skin or for Summer wear. I purchased this during the Winter months.”
- “This cream makes my skin feel really soft, and it calms the redness on my face. It doesn’t break me out and it absorbs very quickly. I bought this cream solely to help with my acne scars, but I don’t really see a difference. Also, don’t count on this to moisture your face. You’ll need a moisturizer/emulsion. If you have oily skin like me and you’re just looking for a lightweight cream to improve the texture of your skin, I would recommend this. The entire jar lasted me about 2.5 months (just so you know how much you’re getting for the price).”
Are We Sold on Mizon?
Mizon has a slew of products to choose from, so we’re certain there’s something that will work for you – depending on your skin type and your skin care needs. Our issues are with the fact that the products we researched may not arrive to you in new condition, and they may cause issues with skin redness, dryness, and flaking, which certainly isn’t good for aging skin. Why try to fight wrinkles with something that could cause more problems?
What Do We Like Better Than Mizon Products?
Of all the products we’ve reviewed in 2016, the one that stands out is BioGeniste. The customer reviews are out of this world and it contains clinically tested ingredients.
Click here to learn more about BioGeniste today.