The popular body care line Burt’s Bees was created by Burt Shavits and Roxanne Quimby out of Maine in 1984. The company first began selling candles made from beeswax then later grew into creating more all natural products for cleansing, moisturizing, hair care, and skin care. Burt’s Bees prides itself on making products that are not just healthy for people, but also healthy for our environment. The Naturally Ageless Intensive Repairing Serum is claimed to promote a healthier, younger looking skin while at the same time providing a moisturizer and visibly reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The Naturally Ageless Skin Firming Night Crème is claimed to firm the skin while you sleep causing any fine lines and wrinkles to diminish, as well as providing hydration. Both of these Burt’s Bees products for fighting lines and wrinkles contain pomegranate, a great anti-oxidant.
The Naturally Ageless Intensive Repairing Serum is a concentrated formula that targets the fine lines and wrinkles mainly surrounding the eyes, lips, and on the forehead. This Burt’s Bees product is intended for daily use after cleansing the face. The Naturally Ageless Skin Firming Night Crème is intended to tighten and firm your skin while you sleep. This product claims to hydrate, firm, and prevent environmental damage. The recommended use is to apply after cleansing and toning the face. Both of these Burt’s Bees products contain pomegranate fruit extract, which is a very rich antioxidant that helps protect against harmful environmental damage to the skin such as UVA and UVB rays. Pomegranate also helps strengthen the skin and moisturize it, which visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- The official website was easy to navigate.
- Burt’s Bees products contain around 99% all natural “people friendly” as well as environmentalyl friendly ingredients.
- Burt’s Bees products are easy to find and are affordable.
- There was no guarantee found on the official website.
- There was no return or refund policy information found on the official website.
- Even though the majority of Burt’s Bees products are all natural, there is a small amount of sodium borate in some. This ingredient is extremely toxic.
- Burt’s Bees manufacture many different products, and their general skin care and hair care products are more popular than their anti-aging products.
The Bottom Line
Burt’s Bees products are a much more natural alternative to your skin care needs. These products can be purchased online and in many retail stores. With the affordable prices and wide variety of products to choose from, this is overall a decent purchase. However, the small amount of the toxic component sodium borate in some of the products is questionable. The natural antioxidant pomegranate is claimed to protect your skin as well as tone, firm, and smooth out unwanted lines and wrinkles. The results should not be expected to be dramatic, but rather a slight improvement on fine lines and wrinkles. There are other products out on the market with more effective anti-wrinkle ingredients, but overall this is a good and popular natural skin care line.