Have questions about whether or not Bio Oil works?
Bio Oil is a lightly fragranced oil that’s used for everything from stretch marks to acne scars. It is also supposed to help even out skin tone and hydrate. There is ZERO information on the company that makes Bio Oil. The official website was purchased in 2011, so that could be when the product was released. You can buy online, but not direct from the business.
What is Bio Oil?
Bio Oil is made up of calendula oil, lavender oil, rosemary oil, chamomile oil, vitamin A, vitamin E and mineral oil, among others. There is fragrance (rose), which could account for some of the irritation. Other potential irritants include linalool, limonene and geraniol. The website gives very little information, so we’ve no idea how you’re supposed to use it or how long it takes to see results. We are a little concerned about Bio Oil price.
Quick Facts on Bio Oil
- There are several irritants in the formula.
- There’s little chance it will lighten scars or stretch marks.
- The price is higher than some customers expected.
- The official website offers very little information.
- There is only a contact form for Bio Oil customer service.
What’s Our Skincare Editor’s Take?
“Bio Oil makes some huge promises that I just don’t feel it can deliver on,” says our Skincare Editor. “Scars will fade over time without a special product, but this oil contains nothing to lighten.”
Here’s What People Are Saying
We expected to find people who saw no results, as that is commonly the case with all products. Unfortunately, we also thought there would be reports of irritation as there are irritants in the formula.
People who saw no results said:
- “I found nothing special or even effective about bio-oil.”
- “I used it diligently for 2 months like it says on the bottle and took before and after pictures. There are no noticeable differences.”
Happy customers said:
- “Certainly don’t expect this to make [stretch marks to] go away altogether, but still worth the while.”
- “Slow results but there were results.”
Irritants were an issue for some.
- “One of my family member used this product and got itchy rashes all over body – that looks like mosquito bites.”
- “Unfortunately, I broke out in a neck/chest rash after the 1st/2nd use.”
Others saw positive results instead of irritation.
- “My skin already feels better and I would venture to say it looks better too: less red and blotchy.”
- “The idea of oil worried me a bit but it doesn’t cause breakouts.”
Are We Recommending Bio Oil?
Should you race out for some Bio Oil right now? Well, there are few products on the market that will lighten scars and those that do contain more than just a few oils. We are concerned about the irritants and the huge price tag. Plus, there are people who just didn’t see results, so we are hesitant to give the green light. There’s little chance it will fight the signs of aging.
What Do We Like Better Than Bio Oil?
In our research this year, the product that’s stood out is BioGeniste. We found tons of amazing customer reviews, not to mention the fact that it contains clinically tested ingredients.
Click here to learn more about BioGeniste today.