Have some questions about Beauticontrol?
Beauticontrol is a skincare and cosmetics line sold online, in spas and from consultants. We know the company started the official website in 1995 – so they have some time on the market. You can return items within 30 days, but color choices are final.
What is Beauticontrol?
The Beauticontrol line is all about pampering skin and looking your best. All ingredients are listed on the official website. Some common ones include dimethicone, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, various fruit and flower extracts and glycerin.
Quick Facts on Beauticontrol
- You can return items for 30 days.
- The ingredient lists are provided.
- Irritants like orange, lemon and grapefruit peel extract are used.
- Aroma is mentioned in some ingredient lists.
- Fragrance, a common irritant, is found in some products.
What’s Our Skincare Editor’s Take on Beauticontrol?
“There are quite a few Beauticontrol products on the website,” says our Research Editor. “The trouble is there are also quite a few irritants like citrus peel extracts and fragrance. Irritation is one facilitator of premature aging.”
Here’s What People Are Saying
The first issue we came in contact with was skin irritation. This could honestly have something to do with the fragrance or other irritants in some formulas.
- “I broke out in a rash, it itched like crazy.”
- “I did not like this product and am very unhappy with it, I paid about $60 and still cannot get rid of the rash on my face that it gave me.”
Users also claim the opposite.
- “I have sensitive skin and it worked wonders.”
- “If you use the skin care as directed, have a healthy diet, avoid stress and drink tons of water…. you will look [good].”
We also found some reports that claimed the products are ineffective.
- “I guess I was expecting way too much from this cream, or maybe it’s just too early to tell. It moisturizes very well, but that’s about it so far.”
- “It’s not Botox in a bottle but I am thinking by my results I would have to use this for over a year to see any drastic results.”
Of course, there are those who found the Beauticontrol products perfectly good.
- “I have used it in the past month. It is not greasy and keeps my skin moist and soft all day.”
- “It really plumps the skin and it is not greasy.”
Are We Sold on Beauticontrol?
This is where things get interesting. We have some concerns about the line because irritants are used in some formulas. Irritating the skin can cause damage, even though it cannot be seen with the naked eye. You do NOT want to do this, especially if you’re trying to fight the signs of aging. Plus, some of the Beauticontrol reviews were not exactly supportive.
What Do We Like Better Than Beauticontrol?
For 2016, a product that we like better than the competition is BioGeniste. You don’t need a huge line of formulas – just one with clinically tested ingredients and customer reviews that show real results.
Click here to learn more about BioGeniste today.