What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Nue Science (2013 Editors Choice)||
In South Hampton, Long Island a family owned business called Barnyard Beauty has created a line of cosmetics. They are touted to be a natural line that comes from the farm. Started eight years ago the products they manufacture are for the whole family. Their website features favorable reports from those who have used the product. They also have the order form on the site for purchasing their product.
Some of the products in the line of skin care they make are creams, soaps, conditioners and shampoos. From $7 to $10.50 the reasonably priced products are said to be simple solutions found by trial and error while working on their farm. There is even one called Dry Hoof which sells for $14. This is a treatment for psoriasis and eczema and other skin conditions. The product is used on the hooves of the horses on their farm. When it was realized how well it worked for the horses a few experiments were performed and it was found that it worked well for humans. Today this is a product that dermatologists recommend. The website lists no active ingredients in their products so it is still a mystery. The Barnyard Beauty says they have 3000 customers on the mailing list from their website.
Though not a large business, the Barnyard Beauty’s main emphasis is on solutions which have originated on the farm. They are natural products and for now there only seems to be about five products for the hair and skin. The company’s debut product is Dry Hoof lotion. This is used on both the feet and the hands. They do not supply free samples at this time like many do from the website that promotes the product. They do however, say they have kept their prices the same for the last eight years. Studies that support any of their products are not available.
- The company at this point is a small company owned by a family and they probably have good customer satisfaction.
- Their products are easy to order either through their website or using the telephone.
- The Dry Hoof product is said to be approved by dermatologists.
- The site provides customer satisfaction reviews for the products they sell.
- There does not seem to be any research about the products Barnyard Beauty sells.
- Their website does not have very much information about the products they sell, mainly just the price of the product and the name.
- No ingredients are listed on the site either.
- The lack of a guarantee is another missing piece.
- The selection is not really as large as it should be after 8 years.
- There are no free samples available at the present time.
The Bottom Line
The Barnyard Beauty brand when compared to other brands of skin care and beauty products is certainly unique. The company says they supply natural treatments from their farm and from nature. The truth about this is hard to tell because they do not have a lot of information on the website. The ultimate help for their site would be a few stories from users that found their product helpful. The ingredients which make the product work as they claim would be another helpful addition to the website.