What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Nue Science (2013 Editors Choice)||
|Athena 7 Minute Lift||
Athena 7 Minute Lift is an anti-wrinkle treatment developed and manufactured by Greek Island Labs. The makers of this product, which is one of several available from the Athena Skin Care Collection, make a point of incorporating “Mediterranean” beauty care techniques into all of their products. So what does that mean for potential users? Athena 7 Minute Lift incorporates 12 essential oils, all derived from organic plants. This backs up the product’s claims that it is gentle and all natural.
A closer look at the oils present in Athena 7 Minute Lift reveals that many of them can be found in traditional Mediterranean style cooking. Interestingly, this diet has recently been linked in independent studies to a healthy lifestyle and a long life span. However, this study was only looking into the effects of the ingredients when taken internally.
So lets take a closer look at the alleged “miracle” oils that go into Athena 7 Minute Lift:
- Jasmine Oil: This is an oil known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lemon Peel Oil: This oil is claimed to break up the skin’s surface acids and to balance out the skin’s ph levels.
- Orange Peel Oil: A concentrated form of Vitamin C, this is claimed to act as a free radical destroying antioxidant.
- Grapefruit Peel Oil: Another potent, citrus-based antioxidant.
- Rose Flower Oil: This essential oil is claimed to have skin soothing properties.
- Sweet Almond Oil: A light oil that is contains large quantities of the fatty acids Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin E.
- Peppermint Oil: An ancient, soothing remedy.
- Sesame Oil: Contains Vitamin B, Lecithin and Vitamin E. Has been found that this oil is easily absorbed by skin.
- Chamomile Flower Oil: This oil contains Azulene, which has been found to sooth irritated skin and reduce puffiness and enlarged pores.
- Edelweiss Extract: After hundreds of years growing under UV-heavy mountain sun, this oil has been shown to break down free radicals and act as a potent antioxidant.
- Avocado Oil: Independent studies have shown that avocado oil helps boost collagen production. The oil from this fatty fruit is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin D, Vitamin E and lecithin.
- Olive Fruit Oil: Famously, the olive is one of the staples of Mediterranean life. Its is known for its moisturizing properties, as well as for it’s benefits as an antioxidant.
- Lavender Oil: This oil acts as a natural, gentle astringent and contains a high concentration of soothing esters.
Wow! We can’t speak for these ingredients cumulative skin care benefits, but we are suddenly really hungry! We certainly respect Athena 7 Minute Lift’s commitment to natural ingredients, but it’s almost like skin care really did freeze in ancient Greece for them. Also, we could find no full list of inactive ingredients on the official website.
- Product incorporates all natural ingredients
- Free “trial size” sample is offered from official website.
- Product does not seem to incorporate any modern anti-wrinkle advances.
- No full ingredient list given.
- At $89.00 per jar, some users could find this product expensive.
The Bottom Line
The Athena 7 Minute Lift approach to fighting wrinkles looks pretty one-dimensional to us. If you are a firm believe in homeopathy and other holistic medical practices, this is a solid anti-wrinkle choice for you. However, some users may want to combine the benefits of traditional and modern skin care, in which case Athena 7 Minute Lift may not be the ideal choice.