Albolene is a dual-purpose cleanser and moisturizer. Many people use it to increase sweat and decrease waist size, though the effect is only going to be short-lived. Clarion Brands makes Albolene. There are no details about the company in the corporate information, but we know the website was purchased in 2000. That’s more than 15 years in the business.
What is Albolene?
Albolene is a moisturizing cleanser that contains no soap. The only ingredients are mineral oil, petrolatum, paraffin, ceresin and beta-carotene. It’s typically used as a makeup remover, but the moisture it leaves behind is appreciated by many.
Quick Facts on Albolene
- You can find a coupon on the official website.
- Albolene has been compared to Vaseline by some customers.
- The product contains no fragrance.
- Albolene is supposed to be recommended by dermatologists.
What’s Our Skincare Editor’s take on Albolene?
“We like Albolene. It will do what it is supposed to do,” says our Skincare Editor. “The problem we have is with negative reviews and reports of side effects even though it is supposed to be irritant-free.”
Here’s What People Are Saying
There are good and bad reviews out there about Albolene cream. The most common issues are texture and side effects.
The thick texture makes it difficult to remove, in some cases.
- “This stuff removes makeup but it hard to get off skin, even with soap.”
- “It’s really hard to get off of your face.”
For some customers, the texture is just fine.
- “Less is more. No fuss. Follow the directions. I use a tissue to wipe the residue off.”
- “You just need a little and it melts right into your skin.”
Though the ingredient list is simple and irritant-free, there are still reports of side effects.
- “Totally made my face break out.”
- “Unfortunately it made my skin itch.”
But, you have to consider that there are positives to offset the negatives.
- “One of the only kinds that doesn’t burn my eyes.”
- “Very gentle to skin, no fragrance.”
Is it Time to Get Some Albolene?
Are we removing our makeup with Albolene right now? Well, there’s no doubt this product will remove makeup. It is oil-based and those formulas are the best, especially on water-proof choices. However, we have reservations because there are far too many complaints about the texture and there are even a few people who experienced side effects.
What Do We Like Better Than Albolene?
Of all the products we’ve reviewed in 2016, the one that stands out is BioGeniste. The customer reviews are out of this world and it contains clinically tested ingredients.
Click here to learn about BioGeniste today.