What You Should Know
|Product||Star Rating||2 or More Patented Ingredients||Less Than $5 Shipping||Testimonials||Trial Offer|
|Revivasol (2013 Editors Choice)||
|Aesop Daily Moisture||
Moisturizing is an important part of any beauty routine. The skin needs to remain hydrated to maintain its elasticity and smoothness. The Aesop skin care line bills itself as an alternative brand of skin health and body well being products. According to the website, this Australian beauty brand openly states that it does not subscribe to “claims of anti-aging” or “promises of youth”. Aesop aims instead to offer botanical beauty products that deliver tangible results. The Aesop skin care line includes an extensive product line that includes daily cleansers, moisturizers and balancers, including one product called Aesop Daily Moisture. So clearly, these aren’t strictly wrinkle fighting products, but we will explore their moisturizing options since moisturizing is an important step when it comes to having healthy, good-looking skin.
Aesop’s Daily Moisture line encompasses several different products. These include: Fabulous Face Oil, Camellia Nut Facial Hydrating Cream, Primrose Hydrating Cream, Mandarin Facial Hydrating Cream and Oil Free Facial Hydrating Serum.
- Fabulous Face Oil: This product is for use before bed on dry, dull or stressed skin. Aesop maintains that it provides relief from dryness and roughness. It contains floral extracts and Ylang.
- Camellia Nut Facial Hydrating Cream: This product is a daily moisturizing cream for use with sensitive or very dry skin types. It contains nut and plant extracts. Aesop says that this is its most intensive hydrating cream.
- Primrose Facial Hydrating Cream: This product is for normal to dry skin’s daily moisturizing routine. It contains gamma linoleic acids, Primrose and Rosehip Seed extracts and natural mediums for Vitamins E and C.
- Mandarin Facial Hydrating Cream: This is the lightest of the Aesop brand’s hydrating creams and it is formulated for oily and combination skin types. It contains a Hazel base.
- Oil Free Facial Hydrating Serum: This product is an anti-oxidant moisturizer for oily, combination or sensitive skin types. It’s based in pure Aloe Vera Juice and for use as a very light moisturizer.
- The Aesop beauty line is moderately priced.
- Products are preservative free.
- The line of products has different formulas for different skin types.
- This line is not necessarily for those trying to fight age related issues
- The Aesop line doesn’t seem to contain some of the more effective hydration ingredients
- May not be that easily available outside of Australia.
The Bottom Line
If you’re looking for products that contain specific natural ingredients like Primrose or Camellia Nut, Aesop will be able to provide you with the moisturizing products you are looking for. While natural botanical skin care products can be very soothing, those of you looking for products that are more focused on anti-aging results will probably not see the results that you are expecting from the Aesop moisturizing line.