Advocare Definite Difference is a skin care product made by Advocare, a company that’s marketed primarily to women seeking skin care products that will help them to reduce the signs of ageing on the skin. They offer a complete line of products from wrinkle creams to natural supplements, all of which are designed to help avoid the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and crow’s feet on the skin, as well as maintain overall moisture and health. Because Advocare has a complete line, they may seem like a good company to rely on when choosing skin care and anti-ageing options, but it’s better to look at what they really offer. Many of Advocare’s websites seem to be affiliate-run distribution websites, which is not always the sign of an established manufacturer.
With any health product, especially when dealing with the skin, it’s necessary to know what ingredients are being used. The individual products differ with what ingredients are being used, but there are several that seem to crop up throughout the entire Advocare product line. These ingredients are: purified water, disodium lauroamphodiacetate, potassium C12-13 alkyl phosphate, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, sodium cocoyl isethionate, sodium laureth sulfate, cetyl alcohol, qutiPlex-DDTM (alkoxylated diester, hydrolyzed algin, chlorella vulgaris (algae) extract, sea water, glycerin, butylene glycol, carbomer, polysorbate 20, glucosamine HCl, laminaria digitata (algae) extract, saccharomyces cerevisiae (yeast extract), urea), linoleamidopropyl PG-dimonium chloride phosphate, stearyl alcohol, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl oligopeptide, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7, milk lipids, ceramide 3, PEG-14M, certrimonium laureth-12 succinate, PEG-7 dimethicone, PEG-150 distearate, PPG-2 hydroxyethyl cocamide, citric acid, disodium EDTA, titanium dioxide, fragrance, phenoxyethanol and ethylhexylglycerin.
None of the Advocare Definite Difference skincare products seem to include two of the most important components in anti-ageing formulas: hyaluronic acid or Matrixyl. These help to re-stimulate moisture and the formation of collagen for use in keeping the skin healthy.
- There are plenty of products to choose from to use as anti-ageing supplements on the skin.
- It’s very easy to find places online to order Advocare Definite Difference products – the company has scores of affiliate websites where people have set up online storefronts.
- Looking at some of the prices, it’s hard to imagine products being quite worth that much. One particular affiliate site had an anti-ageing serum listed at $137 and a bottle of lotion at $15.
- Products don’t appear to contain either of the most important anti-ageing ingredients, which makes us question just how effective they are.
- There isn’t really a good refund policy for Advocare Definite Difference products, and the brand’s reliance on affiliate sales programs can make it difficult to figure out where to turn for customer support.
The Bottom Line
Based on the number of affiliate websites and the lack of a clearly defined refund policy, as well as the extremely high prices of some of the products, it seems like the Advocare Definite Difference is more about making the company and its affiliates money than it is about really offering the best anti-ageing products on the market. There aren’t a lot of positive testimonials on some of the sites either, which makes us further doubt this company.